Quantcast
Florida Avocados - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida Avocados

Not to play the devil's advocate, but........
    I like the Florida Avocados. I grew up in Florida and ate a lot while living there.
    What I look for are the small to mid sized ones and dice them up before they are over ripe.
    When they get too ripe they are like tasteless mush.
    If you dice them up in a salad when ripe (soft but firm) that is when they are just right.
    I like them on pizza as well.

Like tomatoes, if they are picked too early and then forced to ripen it kills the taste and texture.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

I won't buy them either - it's Hass, or nothing. Mr. Drinky - I would use that last one for target practice.

Give yourself a facial with it--they're supposed to be really good for your skin. Even better, mix up a facial and use it on halloween, and answer the door with guacamole face!
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

My wife suggested dropping it into a kid's halloween bag, but I will see how the facial idea flies with her

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Don't like them either and much prefer the hass over the big bland Florida variety.

I suspect that in the third sub basement of stately Pensacola Tiger Manor, Rick has a secret laboratory. Pehaps he could bio engineer The Great Florida Avocado Blight and rid the world of this boil on the butt of the Sunshine State. I mean, what a service to humanity! "Hello, Nobel Committee?"

Please excuse me while I go take my medication...

Anyone that uses Florida and basement in the same sentence has not lived here As for the Florida Avocado - I've lived here most of my life and while I have heard about good ones, I have never met one. No flavor, lousy texture but they are big...
    Dave
    Older and wider.

I hate those avocados. And that's coming from a guy who used to scrounge change in the car when Avocados were on sale to buy $7 worth and eat them all with a box of wheat thins.