Quantcast
Where Would You Like To Live?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Would You Like To Live?

Where Would You Like To Live?

My family has been considering moving for a couple of years, and though I love Minnesota, after visiting Portland Maine I would love to end up there in a year or so. It was that last meal at brainsausage's restaurant that tipped the balance

Anyhow, if you could be somewhere else, where would that be? I have many international spots I would love to relocate to, but in the US some places I love would to settle down in would be: Lawrence KS, Chapel Hill NC, Madison WI, Minneapolis MN, Walla Walla WA, Kansas City MO, and Washigton DC area. I also think Detroit MI is a good place to go right now.

Pack up the truck, sell your knives in eBay, and move to Beverly...near Jon hopefully.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Anywhere but here.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Hey Robert Griffin III was born in Okinawa

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Some place with no snow, and I can learn how to surf again.
    Chewie's the man.

It's not bad where I am now. It would be much nicer if I had a million+ for a small house with a bit of a view instead of renting a room for $900 and if there were enough left over to fly and see friends and family more often - and fly in seats where I fit in... Hawaii is a beautiful place if you are rich which I am clearly not.

I did a post doc in Rhode Island and liked its quirky charme, I could see myself moving into the New England region again. Also into greater Philadelphia but mostly because I have friends there and it is a much easier trip to see friends and family in Europe.

Talking about Europe, I always had an affinity to Spain, so Barcelona would be nice, but maybe even a quieter life style like on Mallorca or another one of these Islands could be nice. Problem is, professionally I need a university close by and while I do speak a little Spanish, the University in Barcelona runs mostly in Catalan...

Also enjoyed visiting the Australian east coast and at the time I thought I could live there, maybe in Sydney but definitely in Brisbane. But that is one of the few places even further away from friends and family than Hawaii.

Stefan

Somewhere warm like say 75-90 on average. Low humidity, lots of sunshine. Close to the ocean for sailing and beach life.
    Don't really know of any obvious places but i just came backfrom Crete,Greece and with the obvious economic issues that seems like a nice place. Working while everybody is basking in the sun is a bit sad though.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    It's like how Stefan put it, it's hard to enjoy living in some of the really nice spots unless you are very wealthy.
    San Diego-anywhere near the coast- Carlsbad, Encinitas, La Jolla, etc.
    Hawaii-esp. Maui.
    I do love the Charleston, SC area and surrounding beaches. It's really the only place nearby that would be realistic to move to. Great weather, scenery, history, and I'm a beach guy. Oh yeah they happen to have a lot of good restaurants. I'm honestly surprised there aren't any KKF members from there.
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Some place with no snow, and I can learn how to surf again.

Ok. Let's switch!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

North East, of course. Of of the many advantages, you can come over and make your own knife.

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

In a metro area.

I love Milwaukee and downtown Chicago. I'd move to either in half a heartbeat I really wanted to move to Seattle, Portland or Vancouver once upon a time.

But because of some life limitations now, top of the list is Chattanooga and Knoxville.

-AJ

+ Reply to Thread