Where Would You Like To Live?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My family has been considering moving for a couple of years, and though I love Minnesota, after visiting Portland Maine I would love to end up there in a year or so. It was that last meal at brainsausage's restaurant that tipped the balance ;)

Anyhow, if you could be somewhere else, where would that be? I have many international spots I would love to relocate to, but in the US some places I love would to settle down in would be: Lawrence KS, Chapel Hill NC, Madison WI, Minneapolis MN, Walla Walla WA, Kansas City MO, and Washigton DC area. I also think Detroit MI is a good place to go right now.

Pack up the truck, sell your knives in eBay, and move to Beverly...near Jon hopefully.

k.

Some place with no snow, and I can learn how to surf again.

It's not bad where I am now. It would be much nicer if I had a million+ for a small house with a bit of a view instead of renting a room for $900 and if there were enough left over to fly and see friends and family more often - and fly in seats where I fit in... Hawaii is a beautiful place if you are rich which I am clearly not.

I did a post doc in Rhode Island and liked its quirky charme, I could see myself moving into the New England region again. Also into greater Philadelphia but mostly because I have friends there and it is a much easier trip to see friends and family in Europe.

Talking about Europe, I always had an affinity to Spain, so Barcelona would be nice, but maybe even a quieter life style like on Mallorca or another one of these Islands could be nice. Problem is, professionally I need a university close by and while I do speak a little Spanish, the University in Barcelona runs mostly in Catalan...

Also enjoyed visiting the Australian east coast and at the time I thought I could live there, maybe in Sydney but definitely in Brisbane. But that is one of the few places even further away from friends and family than Hawaii.

Stefan

Somewhere warm like say 75-90 on average. Low humidity, lots of sunshine. Close to the ocean for sailing and beach life.
Don't really know of any obvious places but i just came backfrom Crete,Greece and with the obvious economic issues that seems like a nice place. Working while everybody is basking in the sun is a bit sad though.

It's like how Stefan put it, it's hard to enjoy living in some of the really nice spots unless you are very wealthy.
San Diego-anywhere near the coast- Carlsbad, Encinitas, La Jolla, etc.
Hawaii-esp. Maui.
I do love the Charleston, SC area and surrounding beaches. It's really the only place nearby that would be realistic to move to. Great weather, scenery, history, and I'm a beach guy. Oh yeah they happen to have a lot of good restaurants. I'm honestly surprised there aren't any KKF members from there.

North East, of course. Of of the many advantages, you can come over and make your own knife.

In a metro area.

I love Milwaukee and downtown Chicago. I'd move to either in half a heartbeat I really wanted to move to Seattle, Portland or Vancouver once upon a time.

But because of some life limitations now, top of the list is Chattanooga and Knoxville.

-AJ

Stefan, you should check out Salamanca, Spain. It's beautiful and caught my heart!

I do love the Charleston, SC area...

I forgot to mention Chicago, and I really like Charleston too. I lived in Columbia while my ex was going to graduate school and used to go down there quite often.

As for snow, I like it and having all the seasons is just fine. I've lived in everything from Kosovo winters with no heat to the summer in Baghdad.

Internationally, I like France and would move there in a second, and Spain and Portugal intrigue me too. Lyon France is one of my favorites, and my wife and I are also considering Zurich, Switzerland. I'm also attracted to some weird places in the Balkans.

k.

Somewhere with little rain and between 50 and 75 degrees....Ryan

Montreal, yes, but only for the warm 3 months of the year! Plus, I can't get into Quebecois French - their version of the language, that is.

I'll be boring and say Barcelona is still my favourite place I've lived. Might end up in Bali one day, where my wife used to live and work. I like Japan now, but wasn't as into it 12+ years ago when I lived there.

Not sure why ecchef is so down on Okinawa. A place whose people have the longest lifespans in the world must have something going for it besides super-cucumbers!

I am originally from Miami, and I would love to move back. Anything and everything you could ever want is in that 3 county metro other than snow. I would also love to live in Seattle just something about that city is the complete opposite of Miami but so interesting to me.

Puerto is good most of the time...and there's a lot more than just surfing now in Puerto. Pavones is still small and sleepy, and is only good at certain times of the year.

In the supple bosom of Christina Hendricks.

zCK3Wl.jpg
[/IMG]

Although I do have a soft spot for those blue eyed Germanic Costa Ricans.

Really, Detroit? That rats nest? There may be parts of it that I haven't seen that are ok, but most of that city is rotten. I don't know how you feel about driving, but there are some nice places a little way off from the city. Toledo, and Chicago are not too far distant. Take my comments on this subject with a little salt though, I am not a city person. Of course I live in the part of Michigan that the city folk come to vacation. I too, like it where I am.
Thanks,
Del

Back