Quantcast
New Knife Types in Works - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Knife Types in Works

Coat of Arms

320mm scimitar
    300mm bread Knife
    135mm honesuki/Petty & 150mm honesuki (both single-beveled)

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0501.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	13438

Eventually, I will offer both a scimitar and a bread knife in a smaller size as well.

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Very interested in the scimitar, and honesuki. Will there be prototype passarounds with these by chance?
    Today is as good a day to die as any. Except for tomorrow. I have plans tomorrow.

The profile in the picture is a hybrid between Dexter scimitar and another one (had no name, but definitely US made). I am going to do some research on the optimal thickness and grind, so I hope that the final product will live up to the expectations.

Scimitar a harder knife to make and I don't have time to make a passaround knife with all the work that I am already behind. In fact, I am not sure I will be doing passarounds past the 260mm gyuto.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

Exciting stuff. Will the bread knife be serrated?
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Yes, there will be serrations on the bread knife. Serrations will be matched to a ceramic rod diameter, so the knife can be resharpened. The knife will be for either left or right handle use (side on which serrations are cut).

M

-Niels Bohr

I updated Stock Knife Survey Form to include new types of knives. If interested, please chime in. Thank you.

http://www.tsourkanknives.com/index.php/surveys

-Niels Bohr

The bread knife sounds interesting. Can't wait to see the finished prototype. As a baker, have a soft spot for good working bread knives.

Joe
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Will work on the new profile honesukis in the next day or two. Still doing some research on a bread knife and need to put in time to practice shaping Western handles, but it's all in the pipeline.

M

-Niels Bohr

Thanks for the update. If you need any input on the bread, let me know. Is also be happy to give it a test run when ready *wink wink* lol
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Bread and scimitar are harder to make, so I will have to price them differently and there is unlikely that I will pass-around them.

M

-Niels Bohr

+ Reply to Thread