Quantcast
Knife Library
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knife Library

Knife Library

Ok, I am starting this off from my earlier post about 'loaner knives.'

After some thought, I am going to loan out 5 knives to those who would like to try them. I'll attempt to offer knives that people might like to handle, and later on I will switch them up. Right now I am going to be comparing my Hiro, Martell, Mario, and TKC, so those are off limits, but I will offer up some of the others that will be getting less use.

So here they are:

1) Misono UX10 gyuto (240mm) with custom Adam Marr handle. It was previously used in a pro kitchen, so feel free to abuse it a bit. The bevel is a righty asymmetric 90/10.

2) Adam Marr custom honesuki. I'll have to check the measurements but it is in 52100 and the handle is black linen micarta. I actually use this knife quite a bit, so please keep that in mind The grind is asymmetric at 90/10. I wanted to throw in a non-gyuto into the mix.

3) Delbert Ealy gyuto (265mm) in 01.

4) Stephan Fowler gyuto (260mm?) in W2.

5) Devin Thomas ITK gyuto (270mm) in AEB-L. This was the very first batch.

Some of the knives may arrive sharpened -- others not. And if you feel comfortable sharpening, feel free to do so but it isn't necessary. No reviews are necessary unless you want to. We can work out loaner time and other details via PM. There is no restriction on post count or how long you have been a member, but I may say no if others have requested or you are a complete unknown.

So that is it. I am sure I have forgotten something, but for now I will see if anyone is interested.

karring
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

i'd love to try the Ealy gyuto, if i can have it for a bit. i was part of a passaround with an Ealy gyuto, but i didn't have it long enough to really get a good opinion. i am certainly comfortable sharpening it.

I would love to try the Devin. I would like to see how AEB-L feels.

Oh, and thanks for getting this started!

Cheers,
    Jim
    one man gathers what another man spills...

wow karring, what a generous offer. Great idea.

I would certainly love to try the Fowler. Work has me headed up your way in the near future. Hope we can work something out!

may I try Adam Marr custom honesuki? I always want see how is asymmetric grind feel! thanks!
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Very cool Senor Drinky! Great of you to do this.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Well, knyfenerd, I think the conditions you've proposed in your own case were very helpful to realize this idea.

I would also like to try the Ealy if possible.

I am sure you covered this in many other threads, but if these are your loaners, what are your go to knives at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    I would also like to try the Ealy if possible.

I am sure you covered this in many other threads, but if these are your loaners, what are your go to knives at the moment?
    Right now I am using mostly my new thinned Hiro gyuto and petty, my Mario gyuto, and my Marko suji.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson