Quantcast
Knife Library - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knife Library

Karring,

Knife arrived and must say that it is one beautiful blade. It was also packaged better than some knives I have purchased new. I am fortunate enough to have received it in time to compare it to the Shig gyuto passaround that is currently going on as well.

Cheers!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Mr. Drinky....I'd love to get in on this. My experience is with 3-4 different gyutos, 2 petty's, I have a nakiri in the mail, and whatever you want to call the Serenity Passaround from Son (Chef's?).

Surprise me.

Also: lefty
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Just an update. The DT, Adam Marr, and Ealy are out on loan. And the Fowler is heading out on Saturday. I also sent my Carter funayuki out for loan today on its way to Dave for rehandling.

If anyone has a strong desire to try these out, let me know and I might just redirect them once the current handlers done.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

hi Karring:
    the honesuki received. I did a quick stropping with .5 Micron & got super sharp edge! got to love 52100 steel....I'll use it to kill a bird this weekend. thanks!!
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Geez, shipping 5 things to 5 different people? That's a kin to climbing a mountain for me. Nice work!

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Knife Library Revival
    I wanted to try to add to this with some of the knives in my possession ATM. I've got some vintage blades that were going to be for PIF from Son. I also have a couple of my own. These ones are too cool to just give away, and I thought some of you guys might like to try them out for a while.
    This was a great idea by Drinky and I don't want it to die.
    Up 1st is this Foster Bros. Chefs knife. I believe it's 10 inches
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Now is the Old File Chef's. 10 inch as well
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Now a scimitar. I think it may be a Sab, but I'm not sure. I put a new handle on it and the profile is far from what it originally was, but someone might have some fun.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Next is the Forgecraft I won from Lefty in the 2000th member giveaway. I rehandled it too, and the handle is small, probably too small for some people. If you're interested in trying out a Forgecraft for the 1st time, here's your chance. This one's a 10 incher too.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This is my Herder. It's a "new old stock" knife. Pretty sure this one is in the 7 inch range
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last up. My super-old Henckel 102-10. This thing is over a hundred years old and still works like a champ. It's a LOT thinner than it was and still VERY funky. It has also been rehandled. 10 inches

[IMG][/IMG]

This is in no way an advertisement or me pimping anything.
    I ask that knives go to established members, etc. Feel free to sharpen them, whatever. I just ask that they be returned eventually. I'm not opposed to international either.
    Please post some feedback on the knives themselves too.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I would love to try that old file, if you'll have me. Maybe send it out with the PIF thats coming my way I do love me some ODC, hehe
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Old File is going to Jmadams13. Anybody else?
    Anyone?
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I will let others have a chance first because I took part in Drinky's, but this is a great idea and glad to see it continue.

Love the looks of the Foster Bro's and the Henckels; Forgecraft looks pretty awesome too.

Cheers!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

I would like to take the Henckel around the block a couple times. I've got a 10" four star that used to be a "go to". Would like to put the two side by side for grins. Will pm address if necc.

Regards,
    Dave
    Older and wider.