The Mark sale AEB-L 150mm petty prebuy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
So, I offered to trade Mark at burlsource some wood for some finished blades awhile ago. Mark held up his end quite well, however I have been a bit slow on getting him his blades. So I decided it was time to get some blades to him and have a sale as well, and by the way send him some business.
I am offering 150mm pettys in AEB-L for $180, provided you get a block of wood from Mark and have him send it to me. These knives will have bolsters, and I will provide the material for bolsters(I have some african blackwood, but other woods make cool bolsters as well.) Now I normally charge $225 for these and the difference is a bit above what I normally allow for handle material, but Marks blocks are so large that there is usually some left over, and the leftovers I get to keep(I like to use these for bolsters).
I'll be starting these blades on Oct 29 and I should be shipping the first ones about a week after that.
In between now and then I will be finishing Marks blades and sending them out to Him.
Mark is a great guy and I do feel bad about taking so long, Mark start looking for a happy bundle from me later this week.
So for those who are interested, send me $90 to get the ball rolling and go have a look around Marks site, just make sure to include a note to have him ship the block to me(I do prefer to work with the stabilized stuff, but and of it will work).
I'm sure I have forgotten something so if you have questions, let me know.
Thanks,
Del

I have included a pic of one I did awhile ago, these will have a slightly improved grid.
If for some reason you don't see anything that strikes your fancy with Mark, I do have a decent supply of materials myself and you can send me $100 as a deposit and contact me for what I have.

mpetty1.jpg

Oh by the way, I was just looking over Marks site and he has some monster blocks, if you pick a block $100 or more, let me know and we will work something else. I would love to use some of that Karelian birch he has on the site.
Thanks,
Del

Im excited to see what kind of wood you get out of this!

There are a couple going your way so far.
Today I will be adding some stabilized Rosewood and Amboyna that would look great on these knives.
Thank You Delbert.

as an afterthought;
I have a block of stabilized Bog Oak I can donate to be used for ferrules.
It should be large enough for 6 ferrules.

There are a couple going your way so far.
Today I will be adding some stabilized Rosewood and Amboyna that would look great on these knives.
Thank You Delbert.

as an afterthought;
I have a block of stabilized Bog Oak I can donate to be used for ferrules.
It should be large enough for 6 ferrules.
Mark,
That is awesome!!!
Oh, by the way for you I am including one of these blades as well.
Thanks,
Del

Ok, I'm in.
That vasticole burl was calling me.

Well, I can't pass up on this either. Thankfully, one can never have too many knives! :D

The first couple finished
buckeye burl
bog oak and karelian birch
100_1191.jpg100_1192.jpg
100_1193.jpg

Del I missed getting any bog oak from Mark, I didn't think I ever would have some on a knife. I can't be happier, Looks great!

I got mine yesterday. The pic you posted doesn't do it justice (all tho. it's a good pic.).

100_1205.jpg100_1206.jpg100_1207.jpg

got a few more done. only one to go and that one is damascus.
These are really kick-butt, I may make a few more just for fun if I get some extra time.
Thanks,
Del

Really cool Del .
Always a good day when something like one of these shows up in the post!

Great looking stuff Del. I'm sure Mark with be really excited with those! I know I'd be.

View attachment 11893

These are the blades that are going to Mark

I didn't see this post until now.
These arrived in the mail and they are way nicer than the photo.
Now I will have to do my own handles instead of sending them to Mike or Matt.

These blades are way beyond what I could have expected.
Thank You Del.
This was like an early Christmas present for me.

Just got mine the other day. Took a pic, but it doesn't do justice to Del's damascus. Beautiful knife though!! Thanks again Del.

Back