Quantcast
Peeler Thread...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peeler Thread...

Peeler Thread...

A few months ago, there was a thread that contained a link to a peeler, which had a blade that could be removed and sharpened. It was very inexpensive and ordered online through a generic website. I did a search but couldn't find it. Anyone have any ideas? Need one of these.

i think it was the peaches, peaches peaches thread.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I don't know if this thread contains the peeler you have in mind, but it's all about peelers:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...-tater-peelers

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    i think it was the peaches, peaches peaches thread.
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...eaches-Peaches

Edit: Good call, Son, here it is:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...l=1#post113657

Thanks, as always, this site is an incredible resource for aspiring kitchen folk.

Well...guess I've got my peeler sorted at some point

best peeler

I have tried lots of peelers and can thouroughly recommend the Savannah peeler.I have no idea who makes it but it has serrated blades and is by far the sharpest peeler I have ever used.
    You can find one here.

http://www.petersofkensington.com.au...ler-Black.aspx

I also have a Jamie Oliver y shape speed peeler which I got in a bargain bin.It is all stainless and well made.Wasnt expecting it to be any good but it is excellent.They are being sold at Target stores here in Oz as a double pack,the other in the pack is a Julienne peeler.I think. I paid about $6 for them.

I have to say that as much as I've wanted to like the Rosle peeler, I just don't find it to be nearly as comfortable as the Kuhn Rikon cheapos. Any pros using the Rosle and able to peel as fast you can with the Kuhn Rikons? Please tell me how you're holding/using the peeler. It's weight and long handle make it clunky and difficult to use for me. All this makes me wonder if I could have a maker here make me a handle in metal like the Kuhn Rikon ones and then install the Rosle head with the replaceable blades onto that. Hmm...

I use Kuhn Rikon for asparagus and baby carrots, stuff like that. I use a Swissmar for potato, root veg and carrots. The Swissmar is basically the same as the Kuhn Rikons but there are different ones, they have 1, 2 and 3 numbers on the back, each number is a different width blade, so I have a large gapped one, forget if it's the 1 or the 3. The big swissmar will demolish baby carrots and asparagus, but the smallest one is the same as the Rikon.

I have an old german style one I don't use anymore, I have only seen a few in this old design, all were either Austrian or German chefs who used this style, but I have adapted to the Y shape the best, I keep it around though because it was a gift.

I love my Rosle. I have a left handed model that I use right handed and peel away from me.

-AJ

+ Reply to Thread