Quantcast
Peeler Thread... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peeler Thread...

There are left and right handed models to the Rosle crosswise (Y shaped) peeler?

I hate serrated peelers, it makes no effing sense at all, and I've stabbed myself on more than one occasion with them.

I also must be in the minority...I hate y-shaped peelers! I saw a documentary on design lauding the creation of the fat-handled y-shaped peeler. No thank you!

I know for me there's a certain way I can hold the Kuhn Rikons that lets me work really quickly. I can't do the same with my Y-shaped Rosle.

If I were to get one of the non-Y-shaped Rosle peelers, would you guys recommend the swivel ones or the non-swivel?

My left handed Rosle is not a Y-peeler. I prefer the swivel head to the non-swivel head.

-AJ

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Do you peel towards yourself or away? I'm an away.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I used to be all about the Kyocera Perfect Peeler, but I've broke three in the last year, so I've given up on them. Bought a Rosle lefty and I'm not a fan...been using a Pro Oxo straight; its ok, but not perfect. Also not a fan of the Y....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I peel away. Can't do it quite as fast on ost veg. when going towards. Then again, that may just be because it's basically impossible to peel towards myself with Y-peelers (for me).

NO chop, did you find the swivel peeler to be clunky with the big swivel head? The clunky feel and loud noise of the swivel Rosle head on my Y-peeler is one reason I don't really love it.

"did you find the swivel peeler to be clunky with the big swivel head? The clunky feel and loud noise of the swivel Rosle head on my Y-peeler is one reason I don't really love it."

the loud clunky ones kinda bug me as well. more into the Y peelers; generally keep a few of the $4 Kuhn's and a ceramic on hand.

might check out the replceable blade one though... always up for trying new gear