Quantcast
Tomatillos

Thread: Tomatillos

Tomatillos

Last year I planted a tomatillo plant and got enough fruit for one small batch of chili verde. Some of the fruit landed on the ground and this year a plant came up from the seeds, it yielded over 4# from a totally ignored plant!
    So I am now on my second batch of chili verde, this one with chicken. I cut a pound and a half of them in half and charred them under the broiler then ground them up in the Cuisinart. 3 anahiems got charred as well, and were peeled, seeded and chopped. I cut up some chix thighs and tossed them with polenta style corn meal and then browned them up a bit. The veggies got sautéed in the same pot with some chili powder, cumin and oredano, then the chix and tomatillos went in with half a quart of broth and a chopped up white potato.
    Now for some red rice!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I love roasted tomatillos!!!
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Pics or it didn't happen...................
    .............oh, wait. Didn't your naughty dog eat your camera or something?
    I've found my "volunteer plants" from years past to be quite productive and sometimes way better than the originals.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon