Need advice on trip to philadelphia.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ucmd

Reaction score
going to be in philadelphia this week. would love some thoughts on great restaurants and shops that specialize in japanese knives. thanks.

Hope this isn't posted in the wrong spot. If so, sorry in advance.

If you find a shop that specializes in Japanese knives (of the kind we normally talk about here) i will go into the washroom and slam my head against the bowl for at least 20 minutes.
During the 3 years i lived in Phila i didn't find anything more fun than the normal Williams-Sonoma, Kitchen Kapers and such, meaning Shun, Global etc. Fantes in the Italian market has lotsa other fun stuff though.

Your closest bet is Korin and the others up in NYC.

Restaurants is not my strong side but i always go to the Dim Sum Gardens and have their Shanghai Steamed juicy buns & Bok Choy http://www.yelp.com/biz/dim-sum-garden-philadelphia#query:Best Dumplings

No J-knife shops that I'm aware of.

Give an idea what kinds of restaurants you like. Philly happens to be an excellent restaurant town.

PM me.

Ya, no good knife shops in Philly. You can buy Shuns and that's about all. I'll let others chime in on the reso scene.

Dave is near Philly. Maybe you could schedule a class with him?

Latest posts

Back