kansas city?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
Anybody here near KCity? Im going to be working in the area through txgiving, would love to have/make dinner or drinks with a knut!

Also that!

Any restaurant reccos? Im staying in the overland park area.....Been to Jasper's already....was respectable.

I recommend Jack Stacks for bbq. They smoke which is very rare in K.c.. Also I enjoyed The Thai Place on 87th st. best thai I have had still. I don't know Jaspers, it's been almost 10 yrs. I also spent a ton of time at the Hurricane in westport. Used to have bands come through all the time. Saw quite a few well known acts there. (not famous)

The ribs at jack stack were adequate....bit anemic on smoke for my preferences. The smoked chicken wings were very good though.

Will try to find the thai place...i like thai, but ive never had an aha moment with thai and fell in love with something.

Danny Edward's Boulevard BBQ fka Lil' Jake's Eat It And Beat It. The brisket and pork were amazing at the old place (Lil' Jake's). This is the place that got me started on my now 10+ years of barbecuing.

As for Jack Stack, I personally thought that the burnt ends, Prime Ribs of Beef and onion rings were the best things when I went there. The ribs were nothing special IIRC.

I've also eaten at the Majestic Steak House. Good steak, good prices on wine as well.

Thanks Mike! I'll work those in over the next few weeks.

I went looking for some other places I liked while I was there. closed all 3 of them. It's a tough area.

Where are you working at?

I grew up in OP! Family is still there, but I'm on the east coast now, otherwise I'd love to share a drink with a Knut. Boulevard beer it's delicious, brewed downtown. Yayas ain't too bad, the Bristol is an ol classic. For good scotch and over priced foods, 801 chop house is pretty cool. some great places down on the Plaza. Great place to check out also.

Love the plaza, miss westport. ya-ya's is always good. Can't get any Boulevard here, miss it too.

So far, no Boulevard pale ale in Maryland either. Was just in OP a few weekends ago, long over due get together with a bunch of buds i grew up with. Enjoyed Many a BPA that weekend. Whew!

Must say I've always found Boule to be merely acceptable....Porter is probably the best of the lot but I'm totally off of malty beer now...100% hophead.

Ya-Ya's European bistro? We have one at home, not amazing, but good and very reliable.

I need to get to the plaza...everyone I talk to mentions it...starting to think there might be something to it. :)

ya Ya-Ya's, there is the first one they did before making it into a chain. Kinda the flagship. Always was a good meal, and something you didn't see anywhere else.

I didn't know they were a chain, oh so disheartened now. I know they did have their sister location "Yahoos"that was serving some delicious old school Mark Miller style southern Tex-Mex for a few years before they shut down. I think it's a pharmacy now... One thing I'll say about southern OP, way way way too much competition for restaurant business going on there..

The competition does seem to be pretty intense. 100% win for me :)

Latest posts

Back