• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: TC Blades 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wenus2

Reaction score
Up for your consideration is a mighty 240mm TC gyuto in O1 tool steel.
The handle is rosewood/ebony with a copper spacer.
The included saya is acacia, it fits well and the carved pin is very nice.

These are pretty well known I think, although they dont come up for sale often, so I don't know what all needs to be said really.
This knife is ground with a STRONG right hand bias, but is not a single bevel. Sharpened ~90/10.
The finish is kurouchi tsuchime, it looks really cool imo. The knife came with some grinder scratches that I have worked on a few times, that is why the kasumi is uneven, it's a work in process.

If you guys saw Salty's video on TC you know these guys get sharp and can cut stuff up. This is not the laser 1.7mm version he used in the video though, it's the standard 3mm all-arounder size.

These go for $400 nowadays, plus you have to get it here.
Asking $275 out the door domestic / Paypal.

2012-10-22T20-24-14.jpg2012-10-22T20-24-38.jpg
2012-10-22T20-24-08.jpg2012-10-22T20-24-43.jpg

Absolutely love it. I wish my knife funds weren't so tied up right now!

Thanks for the nice comments guys.
Nobody motivated to buy though...
Price too high?

$250

One of the few knives I'd really like to try out. I'm sure it found a good home.

If it were a lefty, I would have been in some trouble. :)

Glad it sold pretty quickly. Congrats to both parties!

Back