• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ichimonji 360 carbon gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishamon

Reaction score
This is an Ichimonji toc series carbon steel gyuto http://www.ichimonji.co.jp/shopping/goods_detail.php?id=336. The cutting edge is close to 370mm and is made from what is termed special carbon steel. When I asked about it, they said the hardness was ~60. It is reasonably thin like most proper gyutos despite its length (and not too heavy), but is from one of their workhorse professional lines so it's not a decoration. As you can see it has some patina, but is otherwise in similar condition to new. No bends, no chips. Works very well for big melons, squashes (doesn't wedge), and bulk veggies. Of course it's a great meat slicer with all that length, too.

360 Gyuto $185 shipped CONUS

IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

IMG_4512.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

BigGyuto3.jpg

Damn that sucker's big.. I really shouldn't spend the money...

That would be sweet next to my 330mm Tojiro...someone please buy this before I do!!!

i love knives like these for slicing ribeyes and pork loins! great looking knife

I've been looking for something around this size specifically for that reason. Kind of wanted a 14" scimitar, but .....

Back