New Guy Check In

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Jack

Reaction score
Hello All,

Figured I'd be polite and go through the check in. A little about me:

Gun nut, Knife knut, fisherman, hunter, and a brilliant home cook (That last part is all in my head)

I'm recently married a kick ass chick that is active duty Navy. Having been recently betrothed, I've gotten back into cooking a lot. Everything I know I learned from watching my dad who is actually is a brilliant cook that truly missed his calling. I've always loved knives and have been collecting pocket knives, sheath knives, bayonets and various other edged items I could get my hands on. Only recently have I seen the light with regards to kitchen knives and how badass they can really be. Now I'm hooked. I have a few that I've collected over the past month after my wife bought me a Shun Western chef's knife. I know that there are many here that are not fans of them, and I doubt I'll purchase another knowing what I can get for that kind of money now, but I do however love the knife, it cuts better than anything I've had before and it's kinda pretty. The other ones I got at discounts so I can learn to sharpen without fear of ruining a more expensive Masamoto or something like it. I'll get those when I get better at sharpening with water stones. Anyway that's me, and thanks for reading!

TJ

Welcome. I'm sure you'll love it here and get to see lots of ensane cutlery with plenty of great information. The best part of this forum is how friendly and helpful everyone is.

Mucho Gusto everyone! I've been lurking around several knife forums for a while, as Turbo pointed out everyone seems to be pretty nice. I definitely don't see the bickering here that I see elsewhere.

Back