Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Coast Highway

I would love to come to Hawaii, but alas we have only 3 weeks.
    We gonna see vancouver, seatle, los angeles and las vegas (perhaps a few others), and we going to redwood forest, grand canyon, and I have to stop for the amazing pinot noir in oregon, and there are no more time

You my friend should come to norway. Ill take you to places that dont have a lot of tourism: http://leenks.com/link132727.html

For some reason I never made it to Norway. I always wanted to see the Munch museum in Oslo. But if you live close enough (Germany), it never feels like you need to rush. Now that I live in the middle of the Pacific, everything is far away... But then again, I am quite happy here, so I am not complaining.

Stefan

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Mexico is fine as long as you cross during the day. Below ensenada its good. I made the drive to canon last year no problems.

Pesky

Sorry...Cabo

thanks El Pescador -
    Ill think about it until we go. In the news in norway the only thing about mexico is drug war and killing
    I belive its a really nice country with a nice people. I love the cuisine, but then again Im not taking risks

Make sure you spend a day seeing the Oregon coast, it's gorgeous. Lots of neat little towns along the way. You also want to go to Yosemite N.P and then while you're in the area go to the Mariposa Grove to see the giant sequoias.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Mexico is fine as long as you cross during the day. Below ensenada its good. I made the drive to canon last year no problems.

Pesky
    Right! That's why there's virtually no tourism in TJ these days, and why the shops are empty.

SoCal Workers Gunned Down Execution-Style In Tijuana

Upsurge in Tijuana drug violence kills 13
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    For some reason I never made it to Norway. I always wanted to see the Munch museum in Oslo. But if you live close enough (Germany), it never feels like you need to rush. Now that I live in the middle of the Pacific, everything is far away... But then again, I am quite happy here, so I am not complaining.

Stefan
    Stefan, if I lived in Hawaii, I wouldn't complain, either. I was last there in 1984, and have great memories.

Rick

If renting a car Mexico is probably prohibited anyway.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    thanks El Pescador -
    Ill think about it until we go. In the news in norway the only thing about mexico is drug war and killing
    I belive its a really nice country with a nice people. I love the cuisine, but then again Im not taking risks
    There are good parts in Mexico, but you have to drive right through the cartel wars. I have coworkers that are from Mexico and refuse to go back to visit family. They say it's as bad as we all hear on the news.

It is a shame, but definitely avoid TJ. I miss the day trips for street tacos and cervesas, but no one goes there anymore, for good reason. Non border Mexico is still great though. And second San Diego, my favorite place I have lived