I Was Ready To Start Learning To Sharpen Knives Until...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rshu

Reaction score
Our baby came three weeks early! I had stones ordered, as well as some dvd's, ready to dive right in but my wife's water broke yesterday.

24 hours later here we are!

At 5:11 this morning, after staying up all night, Kekoa Alexander Shu, our first son arrived!

6 lbs 2 oz, 18.5 inches.

I guess my knife skills will have to wait...

Sincerely,

Roger

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

Congratulations!! I guess the wife and hospital thought it was inappropriate for you to be in the same room sharpening the knives :sofa: Anyway, plenty of time for you to learn. And congrats again!

Congrats Roger - My firstborn will be one month old tomorrow - If you are going to be home at all, you will have time to learn in between being your wife's maid for the next few weeks (you hopefully will be cooking meals so enjoy that).
All I can say is take it in and enjoy it as much as possible and you will learn to live on 2 hours of sleep because I get somewhere between 2-5 hours and that is it.

Congratulations, beautiful son!

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

Congratulations! You must be beyond excited!

Congratulations! I wish you all the best to you and your family!

Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing, now forget about what sleep used to be BC (Before Children) for the remainder of your life...

Congratulations!

My daughter is due end of December, so the knife arsenal will have to be fully sharpened in advance of that!

I haven't heard the name Kekoa before. Wife & are still negotiating names for ours. How did you decide on this one? (... asks Cutty Sharp, as though the poor guy will now have time to even answer the question!)

Congratulations! It's 27 years later and I still like my children...

Congratulations to the new Mom and Dad .

Kekoa is a Hawaiian name meaning warrior or brave. Roger also has the same meaning. We also like to think that Kekoa was "Made in Hawaii":doublethumbsup:

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum! and sounds like you enjoyed Hawaii! :)

Congrats. Beautiful family.

And may I offer a suggestion. Just get a sharpening video -- Dave's for instance -- put it in the DVD player and play it when walking the baby around. I think I watched Carter's video a dozen times with my newborn -- and a ton of old Iron Chef episodes to boot.

k.

I'm not a big sharpener, so I ignored this thread until now. Glad I checked it out after all. Congratulations, and I officially approve of the name ;) Not that that counts for anything, I'm just a German expat in Hawaii...

Stefan

Back