Quantcast
165mm deba
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 165mm deba

165mm deba

Right handed deba 167mm on edge. Overall length is 320mm, handle is 136mm. Handle is Macassar Ebony, with a fossil mammoth ivory spacer and a spalted maple burl ferrule. I will get handle dimensions when i get home from work.

This is my first deba, been working on it for the last 6 months or so. Will have this one posted for sale here real quick, just wanted to show it off. What do you guys think?

Looks nice. What's the spine thickness? If this is meant to be a hon-deba, the bevel may be a tad wider at the heel than typical Japanese ones for a 5.5. sun deba. You should do a bit of uraoshi, and post the pic too.

I think it looks great, Mike! Is there a ura ground in? It's tough to tell from the pics. I like the new maker's mark too.

Maybe I'll get to see it in person, but I hope it sells before then, for your sake.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Spine thickness is sitting at 5mm, and yes, urasuki is ground into it. It is probably 1.5mm deep in the center. I will measure bevel height later also

Nice, I figured, since you have the means. Lookout other single bevel makers. If it works like the passaround gyuto, it's gonna be great!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

damn dude, that looks great!

Super nice deba Mike!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

nice job!1
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Yowza! You have some Japanese genes lurking in there somewhere?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I was able to see this in person,it is a beauty!