Steak knives, what do you think?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
So, I was having a conversation with one of you guys today and he loves his paring knife, but it got him thinking about steak knives, and I thought I would ask all of you for some comments. His preference was stainless steel and at or below$100 each.
My only concern is the thickness of the stainless I am currently using, which is just over.1 inches. I can post some designs this weekend.
Let me know what you think.
Matching handles for sets should not be an issue.
Thanks,
Del

I agree - stainless steel and at or below$100 each would be really great :) ! I wonder what kind of edge you can put on them... if it's too sharp or too thin that would be tough to use, I'm guessing.... I'd be really curious to see your products! What kind of handles are you going to do?

I would say post some dimensions, BUT in some ways I am actually more picky about steak knives than my other knives. For food prep I can pull out different knives depending upon what I am doing, but when you are seated at the table, you got what you got. And cutting on plates is difficult no matter how you twist and turn it. If I had a set of steak knives from you, I would probably cringe each time I cut something on a plate. Just saying.

With that said, my current set is $400+ so if you make it cheap enough, it just might sell.

k.

... i guess if the steak knife chips, that would be really dangerous (I don't want to eat chips from a knife) :dazed:

... i guess if the steak knife chips, that would be really dangerous (I don't want to eat chips from a knife) :dazed:

But women need iron... ;)

I think affordable (well, let's say reasonably priced for us nerds, my parents would have a heart attack if I tell them $100 for a steak knife can be appropriate...) steak knives sets would be a great idea. Unfortunately, I would have to invest in a grill and a place where I can set it up first before I can buy the steak knives :(

Stefan

Back