Quantcast
Your Favorite Pastrami and Recipes - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Favorite Pastrami and Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by sw2geeks View Post
    I posted a pastrami I made earlier here. I dry cured my brisket instead of using a wet brine.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...mi-Texas-style!

Looks Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    Jim in the interest of me being curious, what is your brineing recipe and procedure?

Also has anyone ever tried to use moose instead of beef? I seem to be sitting on 500 pounds of the stuff at the moment, aging in the cold room.
    Lucky guy. One of the best steaks I ever had was a moose steak from Alaska on the BBQ.

We have a lot of pastrami bits left over (ends of the brisket leftover after machine slicing). Any ideas of what to do with them?

Quote Originally Posted by slowtyper View Post
    We have a lot of pastrami bits left over (ends of the brisket leftover after machine slicing). Any ideas of what to do with them?
    Hash, turkey stuffings, scrambles, rissotto, Mac n cheese, nachos, sammiches, dehydrate for quick beef broths....
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Hash hash hash and eggs!

Cheese, crackers, and a bottle of muscadet?
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***