Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chicken Galantine Ballotine

Thanks! I will skip the cheese. I just did up the stuffing with a little bacon, chicken basil sausage, garlic, onion and curly kale. I'll let it rest until tomorrow and tackle the boning then. It tastes pretty good so far! I may throw some bread crumbs in, tho...................
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Yeah, I'll probably do breadcrumbs as well next time. That's a good plan.

I will roast this tomorrow following Mano's method, using foil instead of the lid. It is resting on slices of potato and the rest of the stuffing.

Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

OK, we have this all wrong. I was just reading La Cuisine by Raymond Oliver, and the descriptions of ballottines and galatines are a whole different deal all together! First off you need truffles, goose fat, foie gras and fatback. Not to mention prosciutto and port! Then there is the lobster and tongue and salt pork.
    Spike C
    Pirsig