A more respectable alternative to the Ho's

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I think most of us know about "you know who" and how he is hooked on the Ho's.
Instead of just judging him and saying he is wrong, maybe he just needs to be given a viable alternative.

My thoughts were that he just needs some more respectable blondes in his life.
So I sent these in to be stabilized and they came back today.
Clean, bubbly blondes with a bit of character to them.

h003-1.jpg

Those are pretty great. For the record, I agree with "you know who" on the handle choices.

I like classic handles too :)

I also like the warm tones on these pieces here :)

Yes!!! Blondes have more fun!
Gentlemen prefer blondes
How many blondes does it take to screw in a lightbulb ???
Does the carpet match the drapes???

I'm apparently quite out of the loop..I would love if someone could pm and let me know who "you know who" is..

those are sexy but im still a black or red haired guy (i ll find space for a blond tho with those curves )

I like them exotic, but I don't mind the occasional blonde

Still waiting for you know who to chime in - Me likey. I have always been preferential to the FUN blond though.

The wood in the photo is the Cascara Sagrada I got this summer. I wasn't sure if it would be suitable for handle material so I dried some and sent it in to be stabilized. The first batch was small just to see what would happen. The wood takes really to stabilizing with a significant weight gain. Plus no visible pores so it should polish up real good. To me it is a lot like quilted maple but cleaner coloring.

I will put some in the store later today if things go as planned.

I hope you know who knows that this was just intended as good natured teasing.
If I offended you, My Apologies.

Clever post!

I have no idea who this 'you know who' is, but that's nice wood and might also look great in a wa-handle. (Yo's handles are a different story in my book.)

Those are pretty great. For the record, I agree with "you know who" on the handle choices.

I guess you-know-who isn't the only one!

Here is a short video.
While the figure would do well on an octagon shaped handle, I think it would look better on a D or a Western handle myself.

[video=youtube_share;mJNdB0QwlKE]http://youtu.be/mJNdB0QwlKE[/video]

Salty is correct with his photo of the quilted maple guitar.
The Cascara looks just like that but more of an amber hue.

This is some slick looking wood. Got my piece and we've been playing with it--turn it one way, and it looks like there are grooves cut in the wood. The other way makes it look like there are ridges. Incredibly 3D.

Latest posts

Back