• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Shigefusa Kasumi 240 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I Know the odds are against me, but seeing as people who post WTB's on this forum seem to get pretty good results I thought it can't hurt to ask!
As the title suggests I am after a shigefusa 240mm kasumi Gyuto, either wa or yo handle! I'm not looking for mint condition, in fact will consider any condition, so if you have one of these collecting dust shoot me a PM.
Thanks in advance
Huw

Bought!Thanks KKF
D8F521D6-A241-4D46-8AD9-82D5C066303E-8139-00000AE279D01386_zps095e7650.jpg
[/IMG]
Now if anyone has a western handled 225/240 i'd still be interested

Glad to see it arrived in good condition.

Thought I'd try the same as Von blewitt - anyone else with a wa 240mm that's underused and they'd like to sell?

congratulation! did you get one with "ho" handle:D

Thanks guys. In the process of sorting it out right now, and am not in a rush. And yes, of course anyone I'd go for would be with its original wa! ;)

could somebody with one of these lightly used Kasumi Shigs give me a high rez, in focus shot of the choil and (from the spine side) tip? my Shig has been worked hard, and while it cuts great, i'd like to see a closer to stock grind.

Mine is slightly thinner than standard shig 206 grams, standard shig is around 220grams so i don't know if it would be helpful to you? Also i only take iPhone pics, which may also not be what you are after. If you want to see them anyway let me know

If any one can tell me also by PM which is the price for a Shigefusa Gyuto or/and a petty I'll can understed if I can afford one of them because I'd really like to try one. Thanks

If any one can tell me also by PM which is the price for a Shigefusa Gyuto or/and a petty I'll can understed if I can afford one of them because I'd really like to try one. Thanks

Send Maxim at Japanese Natural Stones a pm, he should be able to tell you what you should expect to pay for one. He has a 210 kasumi gyuto in stock right now.

Yes I know he have one, I'm one of his follower, but I'm looking for something used and maybe cheaper :)

there is a shigefusa 180mm kitaeji santoku & 165mm Kakugata Nikiri at ebay right now, if anybody interesting!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Send Maxim at Japanese Natural Stones a pm, he should be able to tell you what you should expect to pay for one. He has a 210 kasumi gyuto in stock right now.

I haven't tracked things too closely but my impression is prices are going up on JNS - maybe 20% recently. On the other end of the price spectrum, I just checked aframes and their listed price for a wa 210mm kasumi gyuto is $338. Of course you're unlikely to ever see one listed as being in stock there. But miracles can occur, and I know a member who found a knife there after watching for several months.

I've looked into non-English speaking/domestic-only Shig sources in Japan and would say that a normal-ish price for a wa 210 is about Y35,000 or $425. Most KKF members may not be able to buy through Japan, but based on what I've heard this is a decent price.

I haven't tracked things too closely but my impression is prices are going up on JNS - maybe 20% recently.

Nope not really :dontknow:
With Shigefusa knives prices will always very a lot because some vendors have 2 years wait and some 1 month even in Japan.
So if someone ordered 2 years ago of coarse his price will be a lot different then the one ordered 1 month ago :D
Shigefusa adjusted his prices about 1 year ago, so you cant have seen me raise price on his knives ;)

Mine is slightly thinner than standard shig 206 grams, standard shig is around 220grams so i don't know if it would be helpful to you? Also i only take iPhone pics, which may also not be what you are after. If you want to see them anyway let me know

sure, go ahead and see what you can do, if you don't mind.

when i say Choil shot, i mean including the edge...

My apologies. I was wondering why you would want a shot of the choil unless you were just looking for finish. I'll get some better shots later if you think the 270 is applicable. (Duh.............)

no need to be sorry, i wasn't clear. i think the 270 is totally applicable, thanks! :)

Back