Quantcast
Vitamix advice
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vitamix advice

Vitamix advice

Looking to get a blender...everyone says these are the way to go.

1. $379 for this TurboBlend 2 speed
    http://www.cutleryandmore.com/product_view.asp?id=21133

2. $499 for CIA Professional
    http://www.cutleryandmore.com/vitami...lender-p115684

3. $599 stainless steel professional
    http://www.cutleryandmore.com/vitami...lender-p120487

Is it worth the jump in price for this next model? Will be using in professional kitchen mainly to puree soups and sauces

Then there is this costco set...http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...atchallpartial
    I'm so confused

I have the first one because i bought it off a friend for 100 bucks. It does everything you want, if what you want is blended drinks.

At work i have the second one and i love the adjustable speed. If ours broke and the owner wanted to downgrade a replacement, I'd give him the difference in cash myself.

Was thinking blenders myself long debate for me vitamin vs blendtec. Good luck.

I've tried Costco versions of both the Vitamix and the Blendtec for a few weeks each. We currently own a Vitamix. The Blendtec was nice but we felt the Vitamix was better and it really wasn't a hard decision at all.

I went with a blend-tec a few years ago,a nd I love it. Especially the wide jar with the longer blade span. I have both jars and use them regularly.

Tough call between blend-tec and vita-mix - there are pros and cons to both. Blend-tec has their machines in lots of commercial retail operations like Starbucks for blended drinks, and they work fantastically. The pre-programaed features are nice, but a bit gimmicky. I prefer the dial on the vita-mix. The pulse button on the blend-tec is a bit finicky. If I could combine the power and jar of the blend-tec w/ the dial on the vita-mix that would be ideal for me.

I would definitely get a model that has a dial for variable speed control. Not of the difference between the top two models, but they appear the same in power and volume, which are the most important things.
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    I've tried Costco versions of both the Vitamix and the Blendtec for a few weeks each. We currently own a Vitamix. The Blendtec was nice but we felt the Vitamix was better and it really wasn't a hard decision at all.
    Good to hear. Guess I will go vitamix. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Good to hear. Guess I will go vitamix. Thanks for the advice.
    We got the Vitamix at Costco. Like a month later, they had the Blendtec there so I bought that one, too. A couple of weeks later, I come home from work and my wife has this desperate look on her face. I asked her what the problem was. She said she returned the Vitamix and she wants it back. I told her I was sure they still had it right there and she probably re-exchange them. Less than an hour later, all was well and only the Vitamix remained. I kid you not. The dial and the plunger sealed the deal.

So seems like the dial is very useful! Can you explain a bit more about why though? Just some example of when it is useful? In the past if I want to blend something I usually just always do it on highspeed.

A couple of months after I got my blend-tec f/ costco the vitamix rep came through. I wish I had a chance to see the vitamix before I got the blend-tec. Not sure I would have made a different decision but I do think the vitamix is a nicer/better made machine. One thing I don't like about the blend-tec is it is EXTREMELY loud - everytime I use it the GF whines and says she wants to get a muffler for it. That alone is reason enough to get a vitamix. I'm on the fence about the plunger in the vitamix - that's one great thing about the deisgn of the blend-tec is it doesn't need one - OK occasionally if I make pesto or chimichuri I have to use a wooden spoon to push things down.

Vitamix was just here a few weeks ago; when they come back in a few months I'll have to take a closer look at them... You won't be disapointed with it.
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements