Quantcast
hot sauce
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hot sauce

hot sauce

OK, I have a large pile of fresh Trinidad Scorpions (Moruga variety) and wanting to make a hot sauce that will last in the refrigerator for a fairly long time (these chiles are hot!). I made a hot sauce a while back that had habaneros, onions, carrots and vinegar...was pretty good, but figured you folks might have something more special! I thought about something with fruit (maybe mango), but don't see how it would last for a decent period of time unless I could freeze it.

Thanks,
    Jim
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Have you gave any thoughts to pineapple?

You could burn it in the oven a little.

I got a good bottle of tequila and made an alcohol based hot sauce for cooking. It lasts forever, but boy is it strong now. If I took a gulp of it, I would probably go to the hospital.

Here is the recipe I used.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

I wound up making the Scorpion with the carrots...have two others to try and make. Tequila sounds like a hardcore winner, thanks K, have all ingredients here will try this one out this afternoon.

Bienek, like the idea of the burnt pineapple (and also happen to have one of those here as well), you think this could hold up in the refrigerator for some time?

Thanks folks,
    Jim

My favourite hot sauce: simmer peppers in oil with shallots and garlic until all the moisture is out (a couple of hours). You can jar them after if you want, it keeps just fine outside of the fridge until you open it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I got a good bottle of tequila and made an alcohol based hot sauce for cooking. It lasts forever, but boy is it strong now. If I took a gulp of it, I would probably go to the hospital.

Here is the recipe I used.

k.
    You never disappoint do you, well played I will definitely be trying this.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

I hung up my thai chile's in the basement to dry and am rehydrating them as needed or grinding into powder. Has worked pretty good so far but k's tequilla sauce recipe is intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    I hung up my thai chile's in the basement to dry and am rehydrating them as needed or grinding into powder. Has worked pretty good so far but k's tequilla sauce recipe is intriguing.
    I dry most of mine in a dehydrator (lazy way out), but trying to make use of as many of the fresh ones as I can before the first frost hits. Mainly using Trinidad Scorpions (Moruga), Naga Morich, and some very hot Thais. Can't wait to try the tequila--I bet it is deliciously dangerous

While late to the party. My first thought is Jamaican Jerk sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    While late to the party. My first thought is Jamaican Jerk sauce.
    Don't know why I didn't think of that...doh!

+ Reply to Thread