Worlds finest balloons....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmadams13

Banned
Reaction score
Or what I got excited about when I got the mail yesterday...
sxYSg.jpg

Utill I turned the box over to realize it was from Tom...
GDvgs.jpg

Let's just say, it was a pleasure doing business with him when I was purchasing my American Grinding Co. Vintage 12" chefs from him last week. That's right, shipped monday and I recieved it Saturday, from Canada all the way to south central PA. He was very understanding of all my annoying emails, and open about the bend in the tip, even emailed me a few images before I purchased it to make sure I was okay with it before I pulled the trigger. Packing was done very well, as you will see in the pictures, nice and secure, it would take a mailman football game using the box as the ball for the blade to get damaged.

r3SXU.jpg

cieZp.jpg

gkayx.jpg

HCPGK.jpg

As you can see, very secure packaging.

I will be doing business with him again, and soon (fordgecraft Tom, *wink wink* lol)

I will post pics of the whole knife shortly.

~joe

Here is the knife. Sorry for crappy iPhone pics, and excuse the dirty board, I'm cooking dinner, giving the old man it's first workout. Oh BTW, Tom put a decent working edge on him, and oiled the handle (I think, am I correct Lefty?) I'm gonna roll with the edge a few days to see how it holds up to get and idea how far I can take it when I sharpen it myself.

JBAKC.jpg

pNlju.jpg

tOaJW.jpg

OOKAB.jpg

d7Bby.jpg

Now, the big decision... Leave patina or clean it up?

id leave that patina.
only thing id want to change is to thin the tip and make it a little more pointed a bit but thats just me
nice knife and nice review.

It's always nice to see someone take the time to praise good service, and not just complain about the opposite.

Enjoy the knife, Joe!

Joe, thanks for the little review and you were anything but a pain to deal with! In fact, I'd say almost fun...almost ;)

I took the edge to 1k and straight to newsprint, I believe. That tends to be my "motto" for ODC, like this one. I think you're going to have one heck of a knife, once the little bend gets worked out. I fixed it up quite a bit, but didn't want to go too far, ending up breakin your knife.

And yup, I oiled the handle, and rubbed beeswax into the little gaps (very small gaps) and handle.

I hope you like it!

Thanks, Joe!

Hehehe Tom makes balloon hats for the boys at the fire hall for dress up day! (Sorry Tom, had to!)

Geez! I tell you something in good faith and you go and embarass manlike that? That's it, you owe my wife a knife! :D

Haha, I like how the knife is indebted to your wife, and not you :)

Back