Quantcast
Stay safe!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay safe!

Stay safe!

So Hurricane Sandy will be making landfall on the east coast tomorrow. According to weather reports and the newspaper, it's pretty darn strong. They're calling it the "perfect storm". My family and I have been putting plants/gardening stuff all back into the garage and securing the BBQ grills in the backyard so hopefully nothing goes flying. Fortunately, we're living on the most elevated region of Queens and we're not in any of the danger zones. I hope preparations are going well for everyone else who is residing in the predicted trajectory of the storm and I just wanted to say - stay safe.

Best wishes for a safe day or two to all you easterners! We just had the anniversary of the storm of the century here in PDX. It was what, 60 years ago that the wind gusts hit over 100 mph on one of our bridges.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Ohh no....hope I'm ok....right on the water by seaside!!!! Crap...Ryan

viva la revolucion !

We had our own little tsunami scare out here yesterday which turned out to be harmless in the end and not much happened - I hope you guys in the east get away that easily as well. Stay safe!

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    Ohh no....hope I'm ok....right on the water by seaside!!!! Crap...Ryan
    Sandbags, Ryan.....lots of sandbags.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

We will ride it out I guess. However I did take all my knives and tools from work just in case. Might as well do some sharpening while I'm home.

Got everything buttoned up, tested my generator and chain saw, fed my kids, now I'm out in my garden shed turning local "butter knives " in to razors . Cheap thrills, the wind is picking up!

Since I work at a place within a hotel which can never close, I'll be putting in some hours but at least I can live in the hotel while random farm animals and vagrants are blowing down the streets. ... but if I wasn't at a hotel, my restaurant would probably close and I'd be free to enjoy my week-long power outage to come in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by mimmer View Post
    Got everything buttoned up, tested my generator and chain saw, fed my kids, now I'm out in my garden shed turning local "butter knives " in to razors . Cheap thrills, the wind is picking up!
    welcome!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I hope this Sandy is overrated...

Stay safe, all of you.

(And welcome, Mimmer!)

+ Reply to Thread