Quantcast
ID help please..... This is a longshot

Thread: ID help please..... This is a longshot

ID help please..... This is a longshot

Not sure who makes this. Seems to be stainless. It didn't come with a handle, so that is useless for I'd purposes, I made it myself. I also have not reprofiled it, just sharpened it. Sorry for the bad iPhone pics, best I could do right now, I'll post better later. I have had this a year or so, bought at a flea market for 2$ and love the blade, even though edge retention is awful. If not, thanks anyway, and enjoy...

Apple
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

There are no markings on it whatsoever?

Is it really stainless? It might just be waterspots in the low-fi pictures, but it looks like it's got a patina going.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Apple
    My guess was Bic.

The copper ferrule should narrow it down a bit.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Eamon, it's just water spots, and takes no patina, and scratches like cheap stainless. No markings at all, I with a I had a tang pic, but didn't think about it when I bought it, it's very short, and had two rivet holes like it had a western handle.

Not that it matters who made it, it was cheap, my first handle, and feels good in the hand. Just got to thinking about it the other day at work, and it's been bugging me sence.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Yeah, it's got a really nice profile, except for that picked up heel. Looks handy.

yeah, the heal sucks. what happens after too many IPA's and decide to sharpen, lol. its it handy though, just wish it held a edge better
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck