• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Yoshiaki Fujiwara (Kato) 270mm wa gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kato 1.jpgKato 5.jpgKato 2.jpgKato choil.jpgKato spine shot.jpg

Up for sale is my 270 Kato gyuto, this knife performs great but is a little long for my needs, i have polished out the vertical grind marks to the best of my ability, it comes with a home made saya, which is quite loose and needs a hole drilled. i would like to get $535 USD and will go halves in the shipping from Australia
Thanks for looking

Yeah I got the 240mm gyuto and the size is about perfect for me

What's the actual edge length? 270? I'm so tempted here, but all the comparisons of cutting performance I've heard have been to Shigs. I never thought Shigs were that great to begin with...

Meh. I never did, either. I am curious about the Kato though.

My 240 Kato is the best cutter I have, compared to:

Shigefusa thin gyuto
Kono HD
bluewayjapan "special" Sakai Yusuke discussed here
Takeda gyuto
Carter funayuki
DT ITK
Various less well-known (but superb) cutters: Tadafusa, Gihei, etc.

I'd give a couple bucks to watch this guy grind these things---seems like magic to me.

That sounds a bit more promising to me. I haven't really tried Carters, but I've heard really good things about their cutting ability.

Hey TK, wanna get the Kato and let me try it out when I come to Southern California? :lol2:

Back