Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: You asked, you whined, now here it is: Kato passaround

OK, Kato has landed. Thought I would post a few pics so you can see the new and improved tip.

not the best pics, but should be able to see the difference

from left Shig (240), Kato (270), Marko (225) different size knives so this may not help so much

finally choil shots in same order: Shig, Kato, Marko

Knife is right at 270mm, 50mm tall at heel, and I will have to weigh it as soon as I can and update. Balance point is about 55mm in front of handle--way blade heavy even for someone who likes it blade heavy--though I think a bigger handle would help with this (the current handle is a bit smaller than my 240 Shig-ho). Used it for dinner; scalloped potatoes with lots of onion and garlic along with chicken with mushrooms and habaneros. No stiction on potatoes or onions though didn't do the best job on the garlic (not as thin as I like) but I think that this is due to just being a new big arse knife and still getting a feel for it. Overall great cutter so far, only wedged a bit on rather large onion.

I know this pass-around has been delayed a bit so I will try to get it out late next week.

Cheers!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Any chance I can added on to the end of this list? If not no worries.
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

any chance i could try this again?

I was thinking the same thing. Been watching the development, and would love to jump in on the thinner one if at all possible
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Let's run through the list and see; I haven't even seen this knife and supposedledly it belongs to me LOL

Maybe we should let the first list run out and see what interest there is for a second passaround

No problem. It's yours, I just didnt want to ask for it again first, lol. You should at least have a few days with it
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

The vultures are circling!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Just want to say it is not thinner version, it is exact same version as old one
    The other one was just sharpened to much without been thinned, and tip was repaired without that aria was thinned too.

Quote Originally Posted by pitonboy View Post
    Maybe we should let the first list run out and see what interest there is for a second passaround
    I completely understand. I'll keep an eye out if you decide to start a new list.
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements