Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: You asked, you whined, now here it is: Kato passaround

if its possible! may I jump-in for this Kato passaround??
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

If I'm ever done with it...

Just kidding... I'm mailing it out tomorrow.

As much as I'd rather not.

Best knife I've laid my hands on as of yet.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I'm getting close! lol. Now I just need to plan what I'm gonna cut with it to give it a workout.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    If I'm ever done with it...

Just kidding... I'm mailing it out tomorrow.

As much as I'd rather not.

Best knife I've laid my hands on as of yet.
    Did Ben give you my shipping address already? I'm not sure of the shipping rules for this passaround, but if you do get tracking, please PM me the number as it will make picking up the package much easier for me.

There was a list with mailing addresses on it but they don't tend to last the whole trip

Sent the kato(as well as the list)your way yesterday afternoon Heirkb. No tracking, as they said at that level of insurance it would require a signature anyways.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by pitonboy View Post
    There was a list with mailing addresses on it but they don't tend to last the whole trip
    Hmm, don't think I ever got that. I will have to contact you when my week is up with this knife for the address I need to ship to.

I think the knife is already at the mailroom at my school and I will pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait.

I'm next I think. If you need my address, just pm me.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Hmm, don't think I ever got that. I will have to contact you when my week is up with this knife for the address I need to ship to.

I think the knife is already at the mailroom at my school and I will pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait.
    The list is in the box!

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    The list is in the box!
    Ooh, makes sense.

So I just got the knife home and took it to the little produce I have on hand right now. I tried doing some really fine mincing on an onion and some shaving on some jerusalem artichokes. So far...not super impressed, BUT it might be the edge that has a large part in that. Is it ok for us to touch up the edge if we feel confident in doing basic edge work?