Quantcast
You asked, you whined, now here it is: Kato passaround - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: You asked, you whined, now here it is: Kato passaround

I'll PM it to you soon; sorry for forgetting to do that earlier.

Sounds to me like I really have to get one Marko.
    You mind passing yours around?

I hate the postal service this time of the year. Estemiated delivery yesterday, and tracking not updated since it was shipped. Stupid mail.

Bitching over. I was just hoping to get some time with it before the holiday weekend.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

I think I was the first person to get the knife on the pass around. Overall I liked it very much. The edge it had on it was excellent. It is a hefty knife by all accounts but it cut everything I used it for adequately. That being said I did notice more wedging on some potatoes than I have experienced on other knives. However I think that this knife is made with food release in mind, with the understanding that there will be a little more wedging. I did not sharpen it at all because I did not use it too much but a quick stropping had the edge sticky sharp again. I feel that a knife like this is a good example of differences in personal preferences. Some people like to drive a Big 4x4 pickup and others a little sports car. Both can be perfect for their owner but both still have pluses and minuses.

I picked it up from the post office this morning as I was my home to sign for it yesterday. Unfortunately, I had to drop it off home them head to Pittsburgh till Monday, so I will not have a chance to use it tip then

First impression though, was I was expecting a nicer f&f on a knife this price. The transition from the buffalo horn and the wood is a little rough. Maybe I'm just being a little picky. I do like the heft of her, but that's just from a quick handling. I'll report back a little more in depth after the holidays
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Ill be mailing it out tomorrow. Didn't get to use it that much, but the little I did, I found it was a little to thick or my tastes. I liked the lower reactivity, and the edge retention was great, just didn't feel right in my hand. I'm glad I was able to try her out, just think its not my "thing." Probably due I me being a cleaver guy, but I was worth a shot.

I didn't sharpen her, just a few strops here and there, as I was happy with the edge it had.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    Ill be mailing it out tomorrow. Didn't get to use it that much, but the little I did, I found it was a little to thick or my tastes. I liked the lower reactivity, and the edge retention was great, just didn't feel right in my hand. I'm glad I was able to try her out, just think its not my "thing." Probably due I me being a cleaver guy, but I was worth a shot.

I didn't sharpen her, just a few strops here and there, as I was happy with the edge it had.
    do you need my address, or is there a list with the knife?

I've got it, there's a list in the box.

It's on it's way Jacob, just left the post office. Should be there Friday.

looking forward to it! i have my 270 Heiji in fighting form, ready for a head to head.

+ Reply to Thread