Quantcast
Post-Sandy Roll Call - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Sandy Roll Call

I feel like we dodged a huge bullet. We had maybe a combined inch of rain, wind was not as big a factor as it could have been and we did not loose power. Folks south and west of us didn't fare so well.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    Scott,

I was going to see if you were going to swing down to the lakefront, sounds like kenosha / northern IL is getting some of the best waves. Cool pic. Surfers were out downtown Milwaukee this morning.
    Eric
    Wind Point, froze my butt off.

Parts of Manhattan/Queens/Brooklyn has no electricity or internet, and the subways have completely flooded. It's a pretty crazy. No one knows when work, school, or transportation will start back up.

I looked out the window to see a whole crowd of people, ambulances and fire trucks out my window. I went outside after several hours, because I was so curious as to what was going. My friend asked the nearest police officer what was going on, and he pointed up...

Yea... I live 2 blocks away from that and we were literally at the evacuation cut off point. It was quite unnerving to see this crane dangling 90 floors high, but it didn't fall last night so everything is okay.

Now I'm just worried about Son's restaurant and Korin, since they're both downtown and I heard it got hit pretty hard. We all fear that the basement flooded. We wanted to check, but the traffic lights are out, which means we'd be in for a 4 hour walk to and from Korin to not be able to do anything.

I hope everyone here is safe and sound. :[

Here in South west VA, we got some of both rain and wind, and snow but being in between all that's going on it is rather mild here.

I am in VA beach at the moment wind and a bunch of rain but everything alright except a few flooded roads, talked to my family in NJ last night, they lost power but everything seemed alright. Still need to check on friends in W. VA and NYC.

I miss Michigan so much, the Great Lakes are the best, beautiful. Thanks for the pic, salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Korin_Mari View Post
    Now I'm just worried about Son's restaurant and Korin, since they're both downtown and I heard it got hit pretty hard. We all fear that the basement flooded. We wanted to check, but the traffic lights are out, which means we'd be in for a 4 hour walk to and from Korin to not be able to do anything.
    I wish both of you well, and hope the damage isn't too bad.

We're still dealing with some black/brown outs here. But no major damage or flooding that I've heard of. Hope everybody south of me made out ok...

Doing alright, Don't know if the restaurants fine or not. All of the power is still out and the whole neighborhood around my restaurant is flooded and a building front collapsed across the street. all the subways around the neighborhood are flooded.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Mild here in Philly but lots of power out. Got mine back around 10 pm. 36 hrs. - got off easy!
    Everywhere you go, there you are.