Quantcast
Post-Sandy Roll Call - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post-Sandy Roll Call

Having a good thought for all of you.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

I think it's time for the US to start looking at the survivability of its infrastructure. We get 135 knot winds here that flip over humvees, but the utilities don't crash that badly. Well, NYC is tough and Bloomberg's got his s**t together. I have faith that Christie will act effectively as well.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

No word from Ryan yet

The area where I live largely dodged a bullet this time. Couple of towns near by had some serious flooding (they are on the water), but we have seen mostly damage from fallen trees. There was very little rain in the past couple of days, thankfully, as a larger rainfall would have almost certainly flooded my shop (sump pumps without power are pretty useless).

Power in my shop has been down since Monday, hopefully will be up sometimes today, as I can't do much work in a pitch-black basement.

At my home we had power throughout the storm, but our power comes in underground.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	11040

My apologies if this is in bad taste.

Saw one like this when I was stationed in Fairbanks AK, it snowed 1/2" in Virginia and cities where shutting down, while we where sitting on 188" in 35 days... and still had to get to work...

Ryan checked in last night. We got to talk for about 2 mins before he lost cell service again. he said that his basement is flooded and there's a giant boat sitting on the sidewalk 2 blocks from him! They're all OK though so that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Ryan checked in last night. We got to talk for about 2 mins before he lost cell service again. he said that his basement is flooded and there's a giant boat sitting on the sidewalk 2 blocks from him! They're all OK though so that's all that matters.
    Good to hear he's okay.

Any idea if there is problems in Fairlawn, nj ?

I can't reach my uncles

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Anybody heard from Rick (Theory)?
    I don't think he's close to the coast, but I'm not sure.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon