• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Yoshihiro SKD Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
Got this one about a year ago, haven't used it in awhile so hopefully someone else can enjoy it. I love the steel in this knife, it takes a nice toothy edge and has pretty good edge retention in my experience with it.
I don't use it because it's just too small when I can just reach for one of my gyutos or 180 petty.
In the pics you'll see this isn't a show stopper or pretty, it's been used in a pro kitchen but it's been loved also.
I thinned it slightly awhile back and I think the shinogi lines are cosmetic or they were just barely there to begin with.
After thinning I ended up with some scratches above the factory shinogi line so I did a little bit of a refinish by marking off where the original line was and sanding above the line with 220 grit.
It doesn't look great but it looks better than after the thinning.
If someone is looking to try a Nakiri and isn't concerned with it looking perfect I think you'd dig this knife.
It's stainless clad skd11, 165mm, comes with a saya from yoshihiro that is cut to fit their 165 usuba but the Nakiri fits snug. Can't think of anything else to mention...any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Purchased new for $125, lets try $65 paypaled, shipped conus and KKF commission. Thanks for looking

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

IMAG0332-1.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0327-1.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0339-1.jpg

Waiting to hear back from someone so it's SPF at the moment.
Thanks for looking

Dang, half off, great deal. I don't even use a nakiri, but I would have bought it.

Good buy, No problem tackling work larger then one may think. She'll get some work done.

Back