Moved into Sheep Country, Victoria!! and suggestions for staging places!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMel

Reaction score
Hello guys, I've been missing for abit as I have moved to a place called Dunkeld in Victoria, Australia. I'm currently doing a stage at the Royal Mail Hotel, which is helmed be Dan Hunter who was head chef at Mugaritz awhile back.. Pretty awesome so far!

So I'll be here for 6 months or so and am looking for another place to do another stage sometime in July 2013. Suggestions are very welcome!!

Super excited, feeling that my career is finally starting to move forward!

Cheers!!
Melv

A six month stage is epic. I love the mail.

On the weekend, the mail tweeted a photo of three stagers on top of mt. Abrupt. Was one of them you Mel?

Mel, I remember when you were trying to figure out where to go. You knew you had to leave (was it Singapore?) to build your skills, and look at the progress since then! That's awesome!

@Dusty Yup the only Asian in that Trio haha

@Lefty yea I just had to get outta the country for abit. Now it's a 6 month stage here at the Mail, next stop prolly NYC, really hoping to get into Benardin and/or Per Se. And I've got NihonRyori Ryugin lined up for March/April 2014. So that's 1.5yrs of staging and pretty much all the savings right there. Hopefully something good comes up at home after that.

Cheers Guys!!

Back