Quantcast
Oiled My Board
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oiled My Board

Oiled My Board

Hey everyone! I just wanted to apologize if my service has been less than exceptional in the last 2 or so weeks. I've been sporadic in my responses, lazy with my shipping and just kinda unmotivated when it comes to the site. There's no real excuse, other than - sometimes we can all suck for a little while. Although many of you have stated otherwise, I can feel the suckiness, and I'm thinking it's just one of those random "blah" times.

I have three knives to get out to customers and they will be shipped today. If you have an order with me, and you haven't yet received it, I'm talking about your new knife. Again, I'm sorry for the delay.

As for the random sounding title of this thread, I guess I'll explain it now: About two weeks to three weeks ago, my wife took out the cutting board to help with dinner and she said, "Your board looks dry. I think you need to oil it". I looked at it and kinda shrugged and went, "Yeah, you're right." We then cooked dinner, brought the dog to the vet, brought him there again, picked him up, ate food, vacuumed, slept about 20 times, worked, sharpened a knife or two, did a review, drank coffee and suddenly I woke up this morning. I looked at my board and thought, "Holy crap! My board does need oiling". It's now oiled up, and I'm about to package up three knives for some of my best customers (no offense, but these are multiple/repeat guys, and I've neglected them like this).

I'm hoping to bring back the service you guys have told people I give, and to keep my board nicely oiled up.

Thanks for the awesome patronage everyone!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

No need to apologize, my service was fast, lol.

We all get in funks once in a while, it's all good. Now pull yourself out!! Haha

Now you reminded me to oil my board, I've been putting it off for too long
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Hey Tom everyone gets a little burn out everyonce in awhile. I'm sure you will come back with the fire!

I just got over the hump of one of those slumps. just couldn't find my focus, or motivation. Happens to everyone once in awhile. Now get back to work slacker

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Lefty, you slacker!
    Just kidding. I know all about being in a slump/funk.
    Next time get your wife to whip you with a barber's strop for motivation.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I'm feeling that right now, trying to edit a shaving video (you know the razor) and my cat of 14 years passed away this weekend so I've been a bit off center. I'm getting over it and working on the video again and planning the follow up, lets see how that goes LOL

We all get thick minded once in a while, as long as we roll with it and come out the other side ready for action... All is good

What? No pics of the board?

No worries, you can just blame it on the Canadian Post.

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    ...and my cat of 14 years passed away this weekend so I've been a bit off center.
    Sorry for the loss of your friend, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    I'm feeling that right now, trying to edit a shaving video (you know the razor) and my cat of 14 years passed away this weekend so I've been a bit off center. I'm getting over it and working on the video again and planning the follow up, lets see how that goes LOL

We all get thick minded once in a while, as long as we roll with it and come out the other side ready for action... All is good
    you guys are tough , you'll be fine. a lotta folks getting the grey weather funk. I had nothing to do with the cat.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Yeah, I'll get that razzle dazzle back! Haha. I lame the weather and Canada Post (thanks Matt).
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com