Oiled My Board

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just wanted to apologize if my service has been less than exceptional in the last 2 or so weeks. I've been sporadic in my responses, lazy with my shipping and just kinda unmotivated when it comes to the site. There's no real excuse, other than - sometimes we can all suck for a little while. Although many of you have stated otherwise, I can feel the suckiness, and I'm thinking it's just one of those random "blah" times.

I have three knives to get out to customers and they will be shipped today. If you have an order with me, and you haven't yet received it, I'm talking about your new knife. Again, I'm sorry for the delay.

As for the random sounding title of this thread, I guess I'll explain it now: About two weeks to three weeks ago, my wife took out the cutting board to help with dinner and she said, "Your board looks dry. I think you need to oil it". I looked at it and kinda shrugged and went, "Yeah, you're right." We then cooked dinner, brought the dog to the vet, brought him there again, picked him up, ate food, vacuumed, slept about 20 times, worked, sharpened a knife or two, did a review, drank coffee and suddenly I woke up this morning. I looked at my board and thought, "Holy crap! My board does need oiling". It's now oiled up, and I'm about to package up three knives for some of my best customers (no offense, but these are multiple/repeat guys, and I've neglected them like this).

I'm hoping to bring back the service you guys have told people I give, and to keep my board nicely oiled up.

Thanks for the awesome patronage everyone!

No need to apologize, my service was fast, lol.

We all get in funks once in a while, it's all good. Now pull yourself out!! Haha

Now you reminded me to oil my board, I've been putting it off for too long

Hey Tom everyone gets a little burn out everyonce in awhile. I'm sure you will come back with the fire!

I just got over the hump of one of those slumps. just couldn't find my focus, or motivation. Happens to everyone once in awhile. Now get back to work slacker:tease:

Lefty, you slacker!
Just kidding. I know all about being in a slump/funk.
Next time get your wife to whip you with a barber's strop for motivation.

I'm feeling that right now, trying to edit a shaving video (you know the razor) and my cat of 14 years passed away this weekend so I've been a bit off center. I'm getting over it and working on the video again and planning the follow up, lets see how that goes LOL

We all get thick minded once in a while, as long as we roll with it and come out the other side ready for action... All is good :)

What? No pics of the board?

No worries, you can just blame it on the Canadian Post.

I'm feeling that right now, trying to edit a shaving video (you know the razor) and my cat of 14 years passed away this weekend so I've been a bit off center. I'm getting over it and working on the video again and planning the follow up, lets see how that goes LOL

We all get thick minded once in a while, as long as we roll with it and come out the other side ready for action... All is good :)

you guys are tough , you'll be fine. a lotta folks getting the grey weather funk. I had nothing to do with the cat.

Yeah, I'll get that razzle dazzle back! Haha. I lame the weather and Canada Post (thanks Matt). :)

I also meant to say, my condolences, Shawn. Pets are family and I really do mean that. Hang in there!

yeah, sure.

you guys are tough , you'll be fine. a lotta folks getting the grey weather funk. I had nothing to do with the cat.

LOL I get the same reactions with other peoples cats... my daughter always glares at me when her cat is spooked for some reason :p I'm doing much better today as I have been digging up old pics of Georgia through out the years. I will miss her but I have many fond memories in these pics and thats working for me.

I LOVE the grey weather, I don't know what it is but I grew up with sunny weather YEAR round and I'm sick of it, I love the changeing of the seasons.

I had nothing to do with the cat.

Sure, Son, just explain that to the cat zombies and I'm sure they will understand! Dwarvenchef, sorry for the loss of your freind. Dusty the Oriental shorthair a.k.a. The ConeyZac Killer is 13 now, and I frankly I am surprised he has made it this long. I am torn between trepidations of his impending demise and fear that he will find me first when I throw my last blood clot, as I am certain he will have no compunctions about snacking on my soft tissues.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

Replace the word "board" with "wood" and it makes for intersting reading.

Latest posts

Back