Quantcast
Korin post Hurricane Sandy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Korin post Hurricane Sandy

Glad all is ok.

It is funny how you mention that the show must go on. I got a phone call from a vendor in NYC telling me that an item was out of stock. She had no power or internet, so couldn't check the website or exact inventory, but was talking me through substitutes and offering to match the price with a higher priced item (because she couldn't check the prices either). It was weird in a cool, old-school customer-service sort of way. No power in this case translated into great customer service.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Glad all is ok.

It is funny how you mention that the show must go on. I got a phone call from a vendor in NYC telling me that an item was out of stock. She had no power or internet, so couldn't check the website or exact inventory, but was talking me through substitutes and offering to match the price with a higher priced item (because she couldn't check the prices either). It was weird in a cool, old-school customer-service sort of way. No power in this case translated into great customer service.

k.
    Oh thats great!
    Yea, Korin only has customer service so each other probably gets more attention then usual. I hope we have post Sandy happy customer stories like that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    You can tell it's New York, no Coleman lanterns.
    LOL. No, but we have a Masamoto lantern somewhere. Too bad it doesn't light up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    Whew, relief! I was bracing myself for tales of flooding and saltwater-immersed carbon blades. Good to hear that didn't happen.
    YEA! We were so worried, because our stock knife cage sits under a window that has a history for leaking. After the storm, we decided to put a plastic cover on it at all times. Not to mention we assumed that the basement elevator just leaked all of the flood water to the basement. Whew.

Thanks!

After being relieved that no one was hurt and the store was ok... I couldn't help but think... how are the knives?

Please... please... move the knives or fix that leak on the window Mari!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz575 View Post
    I was hoping for a sale of some salt stained knives!

Glad your shop is OK and everyone is safe. In Central CT, we just got some wind, but along the coast got nailed pretty good. NYC looked pretty bad from the news that I have seen.

Look for some LED flashlights, they are easy on the batteries and crazy bright
    LOLOL We considered it!

I'm really glad CT was okay. There so many houses and people getting crushed by trees.

Yea, NYC has never taken such a beating by mother nature. It was crazy (yet admittedly exciting LOL).