Korin post Hurricane Sandy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score

For the past three days, it was impossible for us to make it downtown to check up on the store. But today, we were finally able to make it over to Korin and of course, there was no power.

But the show must go on!

We took our iphones and started collecting the knives that needed to be taken to our NJ warehouse (because they had power and internet) to be shipped.

Vincent (knife sharpening apprentice) digging through knife covers.

In the basement to retrieve more knives with nothing but iphone light, which was actually brighter than the flash light we had. lol

Making sure everything on the order is correct by triple checking. :)

Packing it all into the car, because the Korin truck is out of gas and many places in NJ.

Things are a little difficult, but we're managing. Hopefully power will come back soon and they will pump out the water out of the subways.

After we began closing the gates, two customers tried to stop by. It really made my day to know that people go out of their way to come to Korin even if its inconvenient to get here.

I hope you and your family are safe and sound. Thank you for reading! :)

Glad you and the store are OK. Hope all gets back to normal as soon as possible for the whole Korin family.

Glad you and the store are OK. Hope all gets back to normal as soon as possible for the whole Korin family.

Thanks! We were all really worried that the basement flooded after seeing how badly downtown was hit. Was NC hit by the storm? Is everything okay on your end?

I hope they didn't cancel Halloween there like they did up here. :(

X3!

Really glad no people or things were damaged (in that order). I'm so sorry that the iPhone flash is better than your flashlight though! :)

You guys are awesome for thinking of your customers in the midst of all of this, just awesome.

Stay safe and sane!

I'm Glad your store are OK! take care!:laugh:

You can tell it's New York, no Coleman lanterns.

We were all really worried that the basement flooded after seeing how badly downtown was hit.

Whew, relief! I was bracing myself for tales of flooding and saltwater-immersed carbon blades. Good to hear that didn't happen.

I was hoping for a sale of some salt stained knives! :justkidding:

Glad your shop is OK and everyone is safe. In Central CT, we just got some wind, but along the coast got nailed pretty good. NYC looked pretty bad from the news that I have seen.

Look for some LED flashlights, they are easy on the batteries and crazy bright :)

Glad all is ok.

It is funny how you mention that the show must go on. I got a phone call from a vendor in NYC telling me that an item was out of stock. She had no power or internet, so couldn't check the website or exact inventory, but was talking me through substitutes and offering to match the price with a higher priced item (because she couldn't check the prices either). It was weird in a cool, old-school customer-service sort of way. No power in this case translated into great customer service.

k.

Glad all is ok.

It is funny how you mention that the show must go on. I got a phone call from a vendor in NYC telling me that an item was out of stock. She had no power or internet, so couldn't check the website or exact inventory, but was talking me through substitutes and offering to match the price with a higher priced item (because she couldn't check the prices either). It was weird in a cool, old-school customer-service sort of way. No power in this case translated into great customer service.

k.

Oh thats great!
Yea, Korin only has customer service so each other probably gets more attention then usual. I hope we have post Sandy happy customer stories like that though. :)

Whew, relief! I was bracing myself for tales of flooding and saltwater-immersed carbon blades. Good to hear that didn't happen.

YEA! We were so worried, because our stock knife cage sits under a window that has a history for leaking. After the storm, we decided to put a plastic cover on it at all times. Not to mention we assumed that the basement elevator just leaked all of the flood water to the basement. Whew.

Thanks! :D

After being relieved that no one was hurt and the store was ok... I couldn't help but think... how are the knives?

Please... please... move the knives or fix that leak on the window Mari! :spin chair:

I was hoping for a sale of some salt stained knives! :justkidding:

Glad your shop is OK and everyone is safe. In Central CT, we just got some wind, but along the coast got nailed pretty good. NYC looked pretty bad from the news that I have seen.

Look for some LED flashlights, they are easy on the batteries and crazy bright :)

LOLOL We considered it!

I'm really glad CT was okay. There so many houses and people getting crushed by trees.

Yea, NYC has never taken such a beating by mother nature. It was crazy (yet admittedly exciting LOL).

Back