First Pass-around

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
I don't participate in pass arounds mainly because I can't be trusted when it comes to shipping. So, if I start a knife out all I should have to worry about is the first shipment. So with that being said, I would like to pass around a knife. I'm going to keep this as simple as possible.

Limited to five forum members in good standing. P.M. me if interested. The window will be open for 24 hrs after this post. The five will be chosen by a very unscientific method.

I'll ship the knife to the first person and provide a list of who get's it next. Each person is asked to use it for a week. All I know is I expect it back in five weeks. No hassles.

The Knife:

Mizuno Tanrenjo 240 Blue DX Honyaki gyuto. Once upon a time mirror finished.
I've been using it for a bit and is already wearing battle scars.
Put an edge on it but don't rape my steel.
Any other rules I will make up as I go.

I may send it out agian or do another if this goes well.

Thanks much

Scott,
Please count me in and let me be first. I would absolutely love to feel the edge of a knife that you personally sharpened.

THANK YOU,
PZ

Omg wow I would love to try out a Mizuno Honyaki. Owning a Tanrenjo reg gyuto, I would love to see the difference.

Thx for a very cool P.A.

Would love to be in on this. Thanks for considering me! Thanks, Scott.

I'm working in Madison, always been curious about that one.

If you ever come through town looking for sushi you wouldn't even have to worry about the initial shipping. :)

After a fairly long hiatus from cooking I decided not to pick the usual gyuto back up and decided to pick out one of the twin Mizunos in the back of the drawer. I've been reminded how the knife is different than others. It's an example of a thick Japanese gyuto. You might be surprised by it's characteristics.

Would love to try it and I am local, but it looks like there are more than five in front. Have fun with it guys.

Too late? I would like to try it out if possible Thanks

After 24 hrs I'm putting the names in a hat and drawing. Everyone has a chance. I'm shipping on Monday.

Scott, if I happen to get in, feel free to put me last and I can drive it down to the restaurant when I am done. Give me an excuse to get a snack and maybe I can get Mario to come up and talk about my next project at the same time.

I would love to be included for a chance to use one of your knives Scott. Thanks!

Id love a chance to try it out as well! Thanks for putting this up here!

PM'd, I want to try that bad boy, hope I am for once lucky in a drawing.

I would love to try out this knife, i have heard so much about it already. Thanks

Mike

Tanks for the opportunity! Please put my name in the hat!

Any other rules I will make up as I go.

I like this part. :D

*As a crowd gathers, image of the gunman in the old western making some greenhorns "dance" by shooting rounds at their feet*

"C'mon Salty, make 'em dance."

"Make 'em dance!"

Great pass around.

Ahh this is what you were talking about on FB. Cool beans!

This is a good one, I know what you mean Salty, this is my favourite Gyuto. It is a fatty, but it cuts better than anything I have, chopping onions with this thing is magic. Have fun whoever gets it, and watch your fingers!

yep

I talk way too much in this one.

[video=youtube_share;FFBQ6fwzm08]http://youtu.be/FFBQ6fwzm08[/video]

I had to stretch the list a bit. If you want to send it along sooner than a week, be my guest. No worries either way.

Because I have this weird thing about shipping I'm going to start it off with Danielsan because I'll drop it off when I see him on Sunday or Monday. And of course DeepCSweede will have to be last so he can drop it off at my place.

In order:
Danielsan
Theory
Eshua
Pitonboy
Edipisreks
Mainaman
Wenus
Chinacats
Chuck
DeepCsweede

Essentially everyone that PM'd me as instructed. Except DeepC, he's a homey. (Sorry I'm weird about rules. Mine anyway) When it comes back I'll send it out to everyone who responded in the thread.

About the knife: Don't judge a book by it's cover. Give it a chance to grow on you. I'll sharpen and polish it up as best as I can on Sunday.

Rick, if you want to PM danielsan with your addy that would be cool. I'll let you guys handle it from here.

Haha, I never learn my lesson...

I should improve my reading and comprehension.

Hey don't feel bad, I got cut and I *did* follow the rules. Though to be honest, I'd be terrified of actually damaging it so it's probably for the best. ;)

:slaphead::cry::madebooboo:

Oh well looking forward to reading everyone's reviews.

Back