Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale - Martell 270mm CPM154 Gyuto

For Sale - Martell 270mm CPM154 Gyuto

Stats

Length - 270mm

Height (at heel) - 60mm (ish)

Steel - CPM-154 (Crucible Particle Metallurgy aka stainless powdered steel)

Hardness - Rc61-62

Handle Style - Yo (hidden tang western)

Handle Materials - Metal (copper) bolster, premium grade Thuya burl, copper/G10 spacers, & copper/nickel silver mosaic pin

This handle is a BIG upgrade to what I normally offer.

I've maybe only made a few metal bolstered knives yet never one in copper. In fact, copper is rarely seen used as a bolster material by any maker, and for good reason - it sucks - to work with, but damn can it look special if done right. I'm currently at the point of shaping the bolster and mounting the wood, and this takes time, no rushing here. And speaking of the wood, this thuya burl was supplied by Mark at BurlSource who mentioned at the time (years ago) that this was some of the best thuya burl he'd ever seen and based on my interweb searches I've come to believe that it's a rare thing to find in this quality.

This knife is the first example of a new level of work I plan to provide and is priced accordingly.

*Note -This knife is not finished but it is 60% of the way there. If you're interested, and wish to buy it now, I'll discount the price by $25. If you'd prefer to wait and see what she looks like before purchasing that's OK fine by me too, just shoot me a PM and I'll put your name down for first refusal, and so on. Just please understand that should someone else wish to purchase the knife in the meantime (before it's made) I will sell it without consulting you. I'm trying to be as fair as possible, hope you can understand.

Price - $825 (shipping included to USA / International will pay all costs over $25)

If you're interested in purchasing this knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

You sir are the devil!!!

Quote Originally Posted by malexthekid View Post
    You sir are the devil!!!

copper bolster, now that sounds pretty cool! Can't wait to see
    "A dull knife means you're a ******* loser" – Matty Matheson

Someday I'll get me a Martell, today is not that day unfortunately, I think you already know what pains I have planned for you Muahahahahahahaha but this one sounds amazing, I dont think I have ever seen a martell with a bolster, albeit the idea doesnt displease me
    La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur. -August Escoffier

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    Someday I'll get me a Martell, today is not that day unfortunately, I think you already know what pains I have planned for you Muahahahahahahaha but this one sounds amazing, I dont think I have ever seen a martell with a bolster, albeit the idea doesnt displease me
    But... isn't Dave's avatar right now one of his knives with a metal bolster? :scratched:

Copper bolster, copper spacers... Hole... lee... shee-at! Dang that sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
    But... isn't Dave's avatar right now one of his knives with a metal bolster? :scratched:

Copper bolster, copper spacers... Hole... lee... shee-at! Dang that sounds awesome.
    Jebus, how did I miss that, sorry day off and barbacued, too many ryes
    La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur. -August Escoffier

Just a little teaser, only sanded to 600x...more to go!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    @ 1200x....
    NO!!!, just no.