Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Knives available.

Thanks Mark
    Chinacats, The pass around knife is a similar grind but the knives are quite different. I would say this is a more traditional Nakiri shape, this is a bigger knife, grinding this one to the spine gave me better control over the geometry. I deliberately made the bevel smaller on this one to accentuate the release. So a few tweaks and improvements.

I could probably put that better....
    The pass around knife is the original if you like, the first knife I ground the hollow faces. As such its a little quirky in its shape and it has the Ko finish. Its a personal knife, I think you guys will love it and it tells you what you need to know in use about this geometry. This package is the refined version, largely cosmetic, but it is a bigger overall knife and with a couple of performance tweaks. But the way they cut is very similar. I have a video of this one uploading, It in HD too but it will likely take all night!
    Here are the blade specs.
    Specifications
    Blade length - 214 mm
    Handle Length - 142mm
    Height over heel - 64mm, halfway 58mm, At tip 47mm
    Taper on spine - 3mm - 2.5mm - 1.6mm
    Taper at apex of hollow - 1.25 - 1mm - 0.8mm
    Balance point 30mm in front of handle.
    Weight approx 240 grams.

That should tell you something about the way the blade feels and cuts... Its stiff, zero flex, has weight, yet cuts with very little resistance. I knew it would and it still surprised me Video coming up.
    And again the Forum only special only the Nakiri left... is on until the end of Sunday...Or when I rise on monday. Free shipping and fees on the web price so £280.
    I have some coming up in carbon, but need grinding........

very sexy!

This amazing Nakiri is still available for purchase now in my Store.
    http://www.catchesidecutlery.com/shop.html
    Carbon ones coming up....

Dude....if that was CAD not Euros my bank account would be empty

Well its nice to know its pushing some buttons anyway.
    The price is what it is I'm afraid, so much more work in one of these than a convex ground Gyuto.......I think its very much worth it for the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Well its nice to know its pushing some buttons anyway.
    The price is what it is I'm afraid, so much more work in one of these than a convex ground Gyuto.......I think its very much worth it for the effect.
    I completely respect the price, im just drooling and being wishful in my thinking!

Quick Early doors on these, before I fix the handles on, sharpen, get some more pictures, and put them in my store....
    Catcheside Gyuto's with the Utility handle, These in glorious carbon 01 tested to 61hrc.
    These are a little thicker than the stainless, only by a shade over the heel, full distal taper, wonderfully convex and very thin at the edge and tip. tested on food they cut and release very nicely.

The 270mm 58mm at the heel - £275 all in.
    The 240mm 54mm at the heel - £245 all in.
    The 210mm 48mm at the heel - £205 all in.

And these two guys, in Stainless clad carbon core, (01).

Again very sturdy Knives, Just over 3mm over the heel, with slightly convex distal taper on these, allowing more convex geometry for the mid section of the knife too. So not lasers, but very very thin at the edge and tip, making them cut wonderfully.
    These are finished to a nice satin hand rubbed finish and etched.
    The handles incorporate Amboyna, Cow horn, with white faux ivory and red spacers.
    The balance for both is on the choil.

The logo's came out a bit weak on these, 304 stainless hates being etched it seems. Otherwise I'm very happy with these indeed.

The 240mm - 58mm height - £440
    The 200mm - 51mm height - £375

Pm any interest or questions or in the thread.

Many Thanks

Will

ohhhhhhh, those are gorgeous knives Will. Nice work! What's shipping go for these days, say.... to Maryland, US?