Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Knives available.

The 200 Redshark got here yesterday, safe and sound. It is beautiful!!!

Thanks Ed, thats great, glad it got the safe and sound.

Finally got a chance to use the 200 Red Shark tonight. What a cutter! Goes through potatoes like they are butter and has very good release. What type of grind are you using on them, Will? Whatever it is, it's great. My daughter used it and has since claimed the 210 carbon as her own when it gets here.

Stellar knife, Will. This thing is a beast on prep!
    Thanks again!

Thanks Guys, Ed, The grind I have come to which works best is basically a blended double bevel, taken very thin at the edge. It ends up being a very robust grind with great release, especially on a thicker knife like yours. The grind appears convex to the eye. If you look at the heel you will see there is an apex to the convex. This is often described as a wave, I find this to give the best release. And as long as the time is taken to get it uber thin at the edge it cuts well too.
    I have my processes to make sure a knife cuts food well out of the box. I tend to grind the knife as close as I can get it on belts, test it on food, then do the final thinning by hand on Diamond plates, retest as necessary, then hand finish.
    I do it this way as many times I have hand finished a knife, tested it, not been as happy as I could be....so needed to grind a bit more and hand finish all over again

Marc, thats fantastic mate, Its a great feeling to have some worker bee knives out there, let me know how it works out in the long term. That Patina is coming already.

The 210 arrived yesterday. Not sure if I'll be able to give you feedback anytime soon, as my daughter has appropriated it.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

There is still the 270mm carbon Utilty line left. And the wonderful special grind stainless Nakiri. I had better have a post holiday sale and offer 20% off the web price on these to you guys here by pm.
    Pictures and specs here...
    http://www.catchesidecutlery.com/shop.html
    Thanks All

I love that profile of the 270. And I was really enjoying the 240, can't wait to get back in to the kitchen to use it again!

Cheers Marc, great to hear

PM on the Nakiri.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!