Quantcast
Catcheside Cutlery - Knives available. - Page 14
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Knives available.

Beautiful work, Will. Can't wait to see how mine turns out.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

Thank you Ed, Im looking forward to seeing it too, after the one that was not, but the next feather damascus will be even better

A couple of Pares still remaining. These are RARE from me. Im surprised they are still there.:big eek:

The 23cm Guyto arrived this morning in a very nice package !!!! Result I was late at work as I had to chop some apples . First impressions very good. It is a light and nimble knife. Apples aren't the hardest vegetable but the was 0 effort, very happy with the result.

I am not 100% certain about the handle, seems a bit short for me compering to the other wa hanldes I had.

I will spend more time with it tonight, I am planning to make a winter vegeterian stew.

V

Excellent thanks, let me know how you get on with it. A handle length to suit someones hand would br the diagonal measurement across your palm. Any extra length is spare or pertruding. These were 13 cm in length i think or just under if your palm measurement is 14 plus it could be a tad short for you. Drop me a pm aftet you have used it a whike and we will work it out.
    Cheers
    Will

Of course, and I will give an initial review after using it. My current go-to gyuto is going to have some new shoes... so I will use it alot. I heard that you will be at Maxim's gathering ! Unfortunately I have other commitments for the weekend.

By the way did you etch the edge

Best

Light and nimble? Crazy. The Catcheside gyuto I am doing some work for is not light, but I mean that in a good way. I'd put it in the medium category. It's a gorgeous piece, for sure, though.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Well this is how it felt, I am not an expert on how to categorise the gyutos but sure it is a gorgeous piece of cutting art.

All credits to this impulse purchase goes to my girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Light and nimble? Crazy. The Catcheside gyuto I am doing some work for is not light, but I mean that in a good way. I'd put it in the medium category. It's a gorgeous piece, for sure, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    My Red Shark gyuto is not light, but it cuts so well that you just fly through things. Maybe that takes some of the weight off.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

The san mai are not thin. I would say they are medium too Lefty... Thickness between 3.5mm and 4mm at the heel. Ed I think yours is on the thicker side close to 4mm and Vangelis, around 3.6mm. I think the balance will have allot to do with it feeling nimble and a slender tip. The weight is pretty much over the heel. Happy cutting,Thanks All

I have set up myself a lightbox so I can get home late and still be able to get some well lit Photos for the my site. Next lot I will do this on the website.
    Here are a few test shots of the two tone amboyna Paring knife in my store. Camera is also new to me, my first dslr, an old Eos D20, really nice piece of kit and an ebay bargain

Im pretty happy for a first go with the kit, been a while since I used a full manual camera, I need to get a tripod to get the depth of field type shots. What do you think?