Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Knives available.

Yes I was using a button which opens an internal checkout, which I have not set up. I normally use a standalone button which simply redirects to paypal checkout. Will leave it as email contact overnight and see who was trying to get what. Sorry folks, still at least I know what was happening now.

Thanks Dinsdale, sold to that Man. And I enjoyed catching up on some Monty Python....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXjrMU0jpAE

The Suji is still available

I can never get enough of MP. Funniest show in the history of television

I told you Will, the page should be named "Knives I used to have for sale".
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

Thanks Ed, yes the first hour of having a knife for sale is a bit crazy. Not very good when I had made an error with the buttons. Both appeared to have sold at one point. The san mai was claimed however no one checked out with the Suji in the end and I had no follow up email, so I guess someone held off or pressed the button by mistake.
    So the One off powder damascus Suji is still available. Buttons work now I have checked

After the check out fiasco I have upgraded my checkout system.
    http://www.catchesidecutlery.com/shop.html
    Now accepting Credit/debit card as well as Paypal for your convenience.
    Thanks All

This lovely 235mm stainless clad, carbon 1.2442 core Gyuto is currently available in store folks

http://www.catchesidecutlery.com/shop.html

And here are the knife specs

235mm Stainless Clad 1.2442 carbon Gyuto.

Description- A full size Gyuto, with zero flex over the blade, yet offering just the right combination of thin edge and convex geometry to cut with surprisingly low friction, offering release in softer foods and with minimal wedge in hard food. The balance is right on the heel, making this knife feel and handle nimbler than the weight. Grind and weight combined with thin edge geometry give a great feeling of control and separation in cutting. Core material is German 1.2442, like a good example of blue 1 with a little finer grain and toughness, giving very satisfying results in long edge holding and easy of sharpening.
    Blade Materials 1.2442 carbon steel @64-65 hrc, with 304L cladding
    Blade length – 235mm
    Height- 47mm
    Thickness on spine above heel – 4mm, (4.3mm entering handle)
    Grind- Convex blended bevels, very thin at the edge. See heel shot.
    Handle length- 140mm
    Balance – On heel.
    Handle materials- Buffalo horn with some lovely pale fleck, white spacer and Two tone amboyna burl.

WOW, Will. It looks really cool. I really enjoy looking at the contrast between Jigane and Hagane.

Thanks Andrey my friend, they are a pleasure to make, polishing brings out the "shadow" of the carbon then a very brief etch followed by removal of oxides. Im not a big fan of black and white etches, I like to see the metal and let the carbon take a nice patina in use I think you would like this steel, its very hard and nice to sharpen.