Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Knives available.

Beautiful knives Will. Love the hamon on the gyuto. The handle on the gyuto is a cracker.

You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

Thanks all for your comments

Everything wonderful and extremely tempting 🦄

I'm so incredible happy just now

My Catchie family from our great Will

Geez how they compare to you between honyaki and forged series?

Thanks Andre

Quote Originally Posted by nepastovus View Post
    Geez how they compare to you between honyaki and forged series?
    Well, this is pretty difficult to explain with only words...

You need to experience this kind of knife, if you want to understand it.
    If I would have to associate a word to each series:

Forged: effective
    Honyaki: smooth

But we are far away from the (too) well known path of knife-definition Workhorse/Laser.

Will goes another way, he has an own way to feel the steel, and you can feel that in your wrist...it's a fun to use all the geometry, the weight, the profile to master different tasks...

It's not only about thin/Laser/thin behind the edge, it's about the way how these knives acts in contact with food, about how you can use more sharpness or induce more food release...

Thx Master Andre -

I love your take on WillC's work! One day I will be able to appreciate it and comment as well (hopefully).

Thanks for taking the time to put into words that which I can only see 2 dimentionally (very very appreciated).

v/r,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by MastrAndre View Post

But we are far away from the (too) well known path of knife-definition Workhorse/Laser.

Will goes another way, he has an own way to feel the steel, and you can feel that in your wrist...it's a fun to use all the geometry, the weight, the profile to master different tasks...

It's not only about thin/Laser/thin behind the edge, it's about the way how these knives acts in contact with food, about how you can use more sharpness or induce more food release...

Quote Originally Posted by MastrAndre View Post

THIS is exactly why I hate this forum. You have settled into not wanting a knife from a certain maker and then you read this... So, yeah, I want one now! Thank you for that!

At least I am not traveling through Herefordshire like I used to do for my previous employer...

@MastrAndre: you are also the reason why I have a UX10 gyuto on my wishlist. Do you get sponsored by makers to lure others into buying???

Quote Originally Posted by daddy yo yo View Post
    THIS is exactly why I hate this forum. You have settled into not wanting a knife from a certain maker and then you read this... So, yeah, I want one now! Thank you for that!

At least I am not traveling through Herefordshire like I used to do for my previous employer...

@MastrAndre: you are also the reason why I have a UX10 gyuto on my wishlist. Do you get sponsored by makers to lure others into buying???
    LOL no, but maybe I should begin to ask for

I'm not just collecting knives, I really work with them everyday, all day long...I gain my money and my bread with them...

I want to build my perfect set, and to reach this aimed point, I'm constantly buying, trying, studying, experiencing new knives....
    Who doesn't get a place in the set has to go, without regrets, no matter about the name standing on the blade...

Last month I've counted up to 80 knives, the day after I've sold 17...nice knives, wonderful knives, rare knives, unicorn knives...

I can say, and I say this with full cognition, that WillC's knives are marking a milestone...
    He would deserve more attention, and he has definitively got mine...until now I've got 6 Catchies, 4 are ordered, and some random catch(i)es'll come as well...

Because they are great and awesome functioning knives!