Quantcast
Greetings and salutations! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greetings and salutations!

thanks Jim!! so far so good. a bit overwhelmed, slightly intimidated but uber-excited to be here

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Welcome Joshua, that knife you got is awesome. My hat is off to you for placing the winning bid. It's a great way to get into a terrible addiction!!!
    Happy to have you around here, you're in fantastic company.
    One word of wisdom: Don't eat the yellow snow.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Welcome Joshua, that knife you got is awesome. My hat is off to you for placing the winning bid. It's a great way to get into a terrible addiction!!!
    Happy to have you around here, you're in fantastic company.
    One word of wisdom: Don't eat the yellow snow.
    thank you!!! when the auction started I knew I was going to get the knife - no matter the cost. it was all for a great cause, afterall, and though I have a good set of knives (despite being clueless how to care for them -thankfully they too are stainless) I decided that this knife would be mine.... and sure enough, here I am as a result of that knife, sure to be one of those rare acquisitions that proves to be life altering ... like my first record player, my first flyfishing rod, my first car, and my first engagement ring (LOL)

again, very glad to be here, just trying to soak it in (the collective wisdom & experience, not the yellow snow, of course)

Hide your wallet.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

That's one hell of an introduction to the world of jKnives! Welcome to the forum, as you already noticed: you are in the right place.

Please convey my salutations to Ms. Humm and St. Alphonso!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Welcome, Joshua! In Tagalog, "mayumi" means "modest", in the sense of being lady-like. It's a good choice for your beautiful knife. :-)

Regards,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by hax9215 View Post

Hide your wallet.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    thanks Hax - and I've already got a sense of what i'm in for.... anyone up for trading for pipes, straight razors, Xixing teapots or flyrods? wink wink (kidding, srt of, well I know I've got 45 days to post in BST LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    That's one hell of an introduction to the world of jKnives! Welcome to the forum, as you already noticed: you are in the right place.

Please convey my salutations to Ms. Humm and St. Alphonso!
    Thank you Sir! again, it was quite an eye opener, as is running through the various forums here!

Oh, and I'm hoping to run into Dina-Mo or one of her friends this evening... if not, that's ok, it'll be a pancake breakfast w Saint Alfonzo! lol

btw - hilarious sig. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by markenki View Post
    Welcome, Joshua! In Tagalog, "mayumi" means "modest", in the sense of being lady-like. It's a good choice for your beautiful knife. :-)

Regards,

Mark
    thanks Mark! and also for the tagalog meaning of Mayumi - serendipitous indeed!

Welcome to the forum, Joshua!

Now, let's see a picture of this new knife of yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Now, let's see a picture of this new knife of yours...
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    This should keep the wolves at bay until Joshua has a chance to take him own photos: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...l=1#post148840