This is hard for me...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
Gentlemen.

I have to suck it up and admit a few things.
This has been a very hard year for me, and it's showing. Some personal set backs (2 major surgeries) sudden tragic events with family, equipment failures, and an electrical "incident" has caused me enough grief and cost, to knock back my completion dates.

I was doing good for a while, but, one thing after another has knocked the wind out of my sails. I have had a couple emails and PM's about timing. And though there is a lot of understanding from you, I feel everybody deserves an explanation instead, of "its coming, I'm getting there".

Rest assured, I am working as fast as I can, and will complete all orders in as short a time frame as I possibly can. I have a few more issues to sort out, and expect to be up to snuff shortly.

I certainly don't want to sound like I'm whining, but knowing what has been keeping your orders held up, is the least I can offer.

Please bear with me, and I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely
Pierre

I think you need a Mexican Riveira cruise.

I hope things get better for you, after all the crap from 2012, 2013 is bound to be way up.

Hehe, I only pester you a lot because I get bored waiting in airports.

See what happens when you're really good at what you do?

Life is short brother.

Pierre,

May the road rise to meet you; may the wind be always at your back.

(Old Irish saying, from my mother's side.)

May only good fortune be ahead of you.

Rick

Well, you can't be that un-busy what with all the knives from you that I get to make sheaths for.

Take care of yourself. I like to think everyone would rather have a late Pierre than no Pierre.

The odds are that this coming year will be better than normal.

Take your time, and more importantly, take care of yourself and your family. Everything else will take care of itself.

Pierre,

Just get around to "it" whenever you can, and don't worry about due dates. Things will get done, and you'll keep pumping out the awesome pieces we know you make.

Take care of yourself and your family first. I know you know this, but ya know....

NP Pierre, take care of yourself and your family, everything else will happen when it is meant to happen!

Pierre, the posts from members evince the respect you have earned. You produce art that that is held in such high regard that contemporaries are eager to pay top dollar and wait as long as it takes to own. Hang in there, and enjoy this time; it will not always be so.

Hax the Cook CLEAAVERS RULE!!! :D

Pierre,

Dates come and go. We can all understand. Health and family MUST come first. On top of that crap happens. No matter how hard you try to be superman and balance everything it never works. Do what you need to do to get yourself on the right track. The rest will eventually fall into place.

Dan

Pierre, your work is well worth waiting for. I wish I was one of the guys in line!!!
All my best to you.
Is it just me, or has this Autumn been tough on almost every KKF member?

No sweat man, not worth the worry. As for myself I have not sent a PM, email or phone call because I didn't think I'd be at the top of the list until early 2013. Sound about right?

-AJ

Pierre.... I cant say anything that hasn't already been said... Only that we are here for you and everything will improve... Just hang in there!

Thank you for confiding in us.... Although I've never actually met you I think the world!

Keep your chin up!

V.

Pierre, I know you just got back from the east coast, but maybe you need to do some more fishing/hunting. Maybe a nice icefishing trip this winter :laugh:

Hew you guys, thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement. I has been a trying year...

I took 5 days here Thursday to today, and went north, leaving all behind for the sake of sanity. I met a fellow knife maker, and brought along my brother-in-law on a moose hunt. I tagged a nice bull, my brother-in-law, got his, and we got to help my friends 13 year old son tag his first cow moose! I didn't think smiles could get so big. It was nice to get away, and forget about things for a couple days, enjoy some friendship, and a change of pace for a little. It does the mind good.

I will be back at it as soon as I repair a couple other things that electrical issues played havoc with, and get the smoke damage tidied up.

I can easily say. that all you that make KKF what it is, are by far. the best of any other knife related forum.

Pierre,

Hang in there brother, tough times are around us all, but just remember it could always be much, much worse. Stay strong, you have a great group of people here to help support you through tough times, along with your family. You are an incredibly talented individual, things will work out in time for you. Just stay strong, and stay positive.

Regards,

Pete

Pierre,
Sorry for all your difficulties. Hopefully, next year is kinder to you. Take your time.
Richard

Hi Pierre, hope the year goes well for you. Cheer up and know that whenever we get our order, it will still be a joy.

Back