Quantcast
Bit of a splurge....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bit of a splurge....

Bit of a splurge....

After a week of biz travel, I arrived home to the results of a splurge over the weekend:

Watanabe Nakiri, Henckel's Slicer (a gift from a forum member!), Gesshin 400, Gesshin 1000, diamond plate.

Does anyone else feel a little guilty for tearing through the amazing wrapping job that Sara@JKI does?!

Also, Kudos to the previous owner of the Nakiri for a very fine wrapping job there as well.

Have lots of fun to pack into this weekend!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Nice haul!

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Does anyone else feel a little guilty for tearing through the amazing wrapping job that Sara@JKI does?!
    Every time, yes.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

You didn't mention the best part: "On Food and Cooking!"

Nice haul.

One of my favorite things in recent years since becoming interested in knives is arriving at home to find a box full of goodies waiting for me. Feel like a kid during christmas all over again.

For sure! it's even worse when you pick up locally and your goodies still get wrapped.

First nakiri?

Can't think of a better knife for the Indian veg I think you cook all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    First nakiri?

Can't think of a better knife for the Indian veg I think you cook all the time.
    Yup, first nakiri....and lots of veg around here--speaking of, have you acquired a taste for hing yet?

Just spent a sec with a few potatoes and jalepenos...this is the first knife since my SIH that make me go, "wow, a knife can do that?" Amazing....and beautiful.

Even my wife was astonished at the performance with potatoes. I hope I don't become a cleaver bigot like certain members on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by TamanegiKin View Post
    For sure! it's even worse when you pick up locally and your goodies still get wrapped.
    I gave two JKI knives to a friend as wedding presents. I didn't even bother to box them and wrap them - I just gave them with the JKI wrapping. No way they were going to get a nicer wrapping than they already had.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    I gave two JKI knives to a friend as wedding presents. I didn't even bother to box them and wrap them - I just gave them with the JKI wrapping. No way they were going to get a nicer wrapping than they already had.
    True dat!

Yup, first nakiri....and lots of veg around here--speaking of, have you acquired a taste for hing yet?

Just spent a sec with a few potatoes and jalepenos...this is the first knife since my SIH that make me go, "wow, a knife can do that?" Amazing....and beautiful.

Even my wife was astonished at the performance with potatoes. I hope I don't become a cleaver bigot like certain members on the forum!
    Nice scores, and when you find a page in the book that you really like you can just slice the corner of the page off with a paper test

I still love nakiris, and it was also my wife's for 'wow' knife. I think the lack of a tip made it feel less threatening, and she still uses that knife the most of all my knives. I don't use it as much as I used to, but when I do, it is a load of fun.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Awesome acquisitions. Awesome book I love mine.

+ Reply to Thread